• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hard to come here anymore as nothing to be hopeful for. What is going to give Elio money to build the car in 2019 or ever for that matter that he hasn't been able to get before? I am just a bit sad and disappointed as I really like the little car. I knew I risked the grand when I sent it and I still remember excitement reading all the posts here and every video I could find.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hard to come here anymore as nothing to be hopeful for. What is going to give Elio money to build the car in 2019 or ever for that matter that he hasn't been able to get before? I am just a bit sad and disappointed as I really like the little car. I knew I risked the grand when I sent it and I still remember excitement reading all the posts here and every video I could find.
Everybody knows it's a wait and see stage at EM as they're not in liberty to say where they currently stand on anything. And I have nothing but respect for those in here that stays positive all these years. It's my hope that they find substantial funding that will complete their R & D and start production soon. I'll leave it at that.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am just a bit sad and disappointed as I really like the little car.

The Elio is honestly the only car I want to drive. I love everything about it. Good price, mileage, range. Perfect size for me to drive to work and throw some gear in the back. If they don't make it that's what will hurt the most...the fact that I won't get the car I really wanted. But even though it's been a tough couple of years for Elio, they're still in it! I'm still hopeful that the IPO and their current lobbying effort in Washington will work out. My assumption is the ATVM loan and the IPO are tied together. So if they can raise the 100 million through the IPO the government will loan them the rest.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is going to give Elio money to build the car in 2019 or ever for that matter that he hasn't been able to get before?
What I see as the difference between past and present is that PE appears to be willing to sell a large portion of the company in order to raise the funds he needs to begin production. Maybe not a controlling interest, but at least a pretty big chunk. Thus the IPO on the NASDAQ. Hopefully this will give him access to funding that wasn't available when they were only traded on the OTC exchange.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Suppose EM gets the money from the NASDAQ IPO to complete development. It still needs to money to start production. Where will they get this money? Will they have another IPO?

Granted, this point is the point most appealing to investors. They have a complete design that has been tested and bugs worked out, and is completely ready for production with nothing else needed.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Suppose EM gets the money from the NASDAQ IPO to complete development. It still needs to money to start production. Where will they get this money? Will they have another IPO?

Granted, this point is the point most appealing to investors. They have a complete design that has been tested and bugs worked out, and is completely ready for production with nothing else needed.
The design seems darn close to complete to me. For real world testing, Elio would need real world, (production), Elio's.
Seems to me that if said testing is near, it's time to start making production Elio's for that real world testing.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The design seems darn close to complete to me. For real world testing, Elio would need real world, (production), Elio's.
Seems to me that if said testing is near, it's time to start making production Elio's for that real world testing.
If he left me have the E1C, I'd be willing to drive it around for a month and give it an down to earth honest review.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the money would be used for production models to get the ATVM loan. The computer projections would not be of any use in measuring fuel mileage, and maybe they need more research money to obtain the needed mileage. The engine did not meet the goals, or else they would have said something in the past year and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom