1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by grampi, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

I was referring to refundable deposits. It would take thirty seconds to update. I don't think that they have been that busy in the last four months.

2. BaldGuy

BaldGuy Elio Addict

Those from my understanding, you just ask for and you get it back. That simple. Paul could have, but refused to spend that money and keep it readily available for immediate refund. With so little in the bank (4,444) it ended up wise for him to make that decision.

I didn't realize the number on there website included them and never figured many did that type. (personally, that type made no sense to me, when 100 gets you a T Shirt, bumper sticker and a possible Elio sooner) Would be interesting to know if that number does include refundable deposits and how many ask for it back. Since there is very little advantage to that type, i would imagine quite a few got their's back.

3. Rob Croson

Rob Croson Elio Addict

EM has stated in the past that the vast majority of deposits are non-refundable. I can't believe that there would be so many refundable deposits that they could counteract the number of deposits that were coming in. And why would there be a sudden trigger that would cause all of these people to start requesting refunds? And then have it continue that way for the past 6 months?

There's nothing sinister here. No soop3r s3krit bad news they don't want to get out if they update the counter. The reason that there is no more counter is simply that they hit their 65k target, and then stopped. Reservation rates had already been dropping since September 2016. with no tour to drive continuing interest and new reservations, the number of new reservations will be minimal, at best. What would be the point of highlighting that lack of continuing reservations? If having 65k pre-paid reservations isn't enough to demonstrate acceptance and interest in the Elio, what good will 75k do?

wizard of ahs likes this.
  4. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

It's also quite possible that with the layoffs, Elio doesn't have anyone who can/will update the web page ticker.

BaldGuy and Coss like this.
  5. BaldGuy

BaldGuy Elio Addict

Is the official estimated start date just 2019 or 4th quarter of 2019?

I meant 2019. Sorry. I thought they projected 2019, but seen some articles that said 4th quarter 2019. So, that's why I wondered.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  6. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

Last I saw was 2019.

BaldGuy likes this.
  7. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

From my understanding there is no official start date. Never has been. Yet. The 2019 is calculated from their timeline of what they think it will take to get up and running, after they get funds. If they secure more funds than the minimum then they might be able to start up quicker, but it's unlikely as their suppliers also need time to scale up.

BaldGuy and wizard of ahs like this.
  8. Loneranger

Loneranger New Member

Very little has happened according to the announced time line. I don't know why that would improve as funds are used up and the money needed to start production would take an enourmous amount from an investor/investor's. I like darts it's kind of like the chance of seeing an Elio roll off the line, but I have a lot better chance of hitting a bulls eye.

9. Grumpy Cat

Grumpy Cat Elio Addict

So you are starting up your own car manufacturing business? What's it about?

Oh wait, you are just here to stir the pot aren't you?...:rolleyes::blah: