• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those from my understanding, you just ask for and you get it back. That simple. Paul could have, but refused to spend that money and keep it readily available for immediate refund. With so little in the bank (4,444) it ended up wise for him to make that decision.

I didn't realize the number on there website included them and never figured many did that type. (personally, that type made no sense to me, when 100 gets you a T Shirt, bumper sticker and a possible Elio sooner) Would be interesting to know if that number does include refundable deposits and how many ask for it back. Since there is very little advantage to that type, i would imagine quite a few got their's back.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has stated in the past that the vast majority of deposits are non-refundable. I can't believe that there would be so many refundable deposits that they could counteract the number of deposits that were coming in. And why would there be a sudden trigger that would cause all of these people to start requesting refunds? And then have it continue that way for the past 6 months?

There's nothing sinister here. No soop3r s3krit bad news they don't want to get out if they update the counter. The reason that there is no more counter is simply that they hit their 65k target, and then stopped. Reservation rates had already been dropping since September 2016. with no tour to drive continuing interest and new reservations, the number of new reservations will be minimal, at best. What would be the point of highlighting that lack of continuing reservations? If having 65k pre-paid reservations isn't enough to demonstrate acceptance and interest in the Elio, what good will 75k do?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the official estimated start date just 2019 or 4th quarter of 2019?

I meant 2019. Sorry. I thought they projected 2019, but seen some articles that said 4th quarter 2019. So, that's why I wondered.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From my understanding there is no official start date. Never has been. Yet. The 2019 is calculated from their timeline of what they think it will take to get up and running, after they get funds. If they secure more funds than the minimum then they might be able to start up quicker, but it's unlikely as their suppliers also need time to scale up.

Loneranger

Reaction score
Very little has happened according to the announced time line. I don't know why that would improve as funds are used up and the money needed to start production would take an enourmous amount from an investor/investor's. I like darts it's kind of like the chance of seeing an Elio roll off the line, but I have a lot better chance of hitting a bulls eye.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very little has happened according to the announced time line. I don't know why that would improve as funds are used up and the money needed to start production would take an enourmous amount from an investor/investor's. I like darts it's kind of like the chance of seeing an Elio roll off the line, but I have a lot better chance of hitting a bulls eye.
So you are starting up your own car manufacturing business? What's it about?

Oh wait, you are just here to stir the pot aren't you?...:rolleyes::blah:

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't been in this site for a long time (mainly because there's never anything new to talk about), so what's the latest push-back date? I'm assuming they've pushed back the date again because they've done it so many times already....
I am starting to believe that production will never take place. Been waiting a long time and I am not getting any younger. It's time for this company to shit or get off the pot and make good on their promises. Anyone else out there starting to get fed up with these weekly up-dates that say absolutely nothing that we don't already know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom