• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A wise man once told me that it's the way the message is delivered and oft times not the message itself.
I quote from Everi... "The most basic logic here is it is a swindle that illustrates how easily individuals can be taken."

That was his wrap-up.

It sure should indicate to anyone half awake that his main motive for coming here was to incite angry reaction after insulting the majority of people that frequent this site. it's certainly not like his inflammatory delivery wasn't anything we haven't heard over and over again for years.
It gets old, and frankly, boring after a while. BTW, I personally hate the term "Troll."

But at least I know the genuine article when it does little more than stir the pot.

The best reaction to a true troll who's not just someone who is simply genuinely disillusioned, is not to respond with anger and rationale.
The best way to respond to such an individual is with a sense of humor, to enjoy stirring them up and to out troll the troll.
Or, in some cases, the best response is to simply ignore them so they don't get the fix they came for.
As an all-in depositor myself, I didn't take his post as insulting. But then again, I am one of the people losing hope in the notion that these vehicles will ever go into production, so I can see his point...does that make me a troll too?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
---
The car certainly is interesting. Would I purchase one, sure. Will there ever be cars to purchase? No. The interesting thing is how long will the hope-flame burn for those who plunked down money, and how long before the company principals flee the U.S. to avoid criminal charges.
-
Think about it for a minute. Constant changes of production dates. It's the carrot just always slightly out of reach. Shifting deadlines for last chance to lock in your car, each one brings in new money. The most basic logic here is it is a swindle that illustrates how easily individuals can be taken.

I find it very hard to believe this is scam or swindle. It's all about money. If this were a scam, I can't believe they would be putting so much money back into the company for research and development. The money spent on the engine alone speaks volumes to me. Will it come to market? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not (I tend to believe so), But I'll never be convinced this is a scam. Like any other start up, the hurdles are big,

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a new theory. It originally was a scam. At first Paul just intended to milk a marginally realistic concept for investment money as long as he could. As he got farther along in the process, the sales pitches and technical details needed to be fleshed out to draw new, bigger investments and found the concept wasn't as impossible as he anticipated. Eventually he began to believe his own sales pitch and decided that delivering on those empty promises was actually achievable (and insanely lucrative if successful). He accidentally turned his "scam" dream into reality!!!

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Neal is correct. I've never seen this as a scam. It's a very poor scam if it was as the scammers aren't doing a proper scam job. This is a very good idea that was started with some knowledge in certain areas (Paul and parts suppliers), but lack of knowledge elsewhere.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Neal is correct. I've never seen this as a scam. It's a very poor scam if it was as the scammers aren't doing a proper scam job. This is a very good idea that was started with some knowledge in certain areas (Paul and parts suppliers), but lack of knowledge elsewhere.
I don't see it as a scam either. I see it as a dream conceived by a person who had no idea how many hurdles he'd have to clear, or how difficult they would be to clear to make it to production...

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see it as a scam either. I see it as a dream conceived by a person who had no idea how many hurdles he'd have to clear, or how difficult they would be to clear to make it to production...

This I agree with. I think Paul and friends had no idea how tall the mountain was to climb. Justifiably so since the other notable automobile startup that people compare them to, Tesla, had much deeper pockets to begin with. Deeper pockets, a ton of funding, and still not turning a profit.

I was at a coffee shop in Austin a week ago day and saw a cool Lotus. Then took a closer look and noticed it was actually a Tesla Roadster! You do not see those around here every day, sounds like for good reason too: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a29378/elon-musk-admits-to-shareholders-that-the-tesla-roadster-was-a-disaster/

I bet if Elio Motors really wanted to, they could have taken a huge chunk of private investment money, ditched the 90% North American content and 83MPG goals and released something like a slightly polished P2 using some random outsourced motor. Maybe get 60 MPG and still be very cheap. But they stuck to their guns and are trying to do it "right" and sticking to their vision.

I know some call it a scam, especially the yahoos on Facebook, but if it was an elaborate scam I do not think Paul would have gone to the Caddo Parish meeting in person to get raked over the coals. I think at best he would have just sent a paid lackey in his place. Was sending E series vehicles to Continental and RedDot just a ploy to get a few more reservations for a scam? Hardly seems likely.

I think it is just as we have been saying all along. Paul and Elio Motors are a bunch of engineers who know engineering but not necessarily how to build a whole car and have been going through a huge learning process. The only reason I do not have a reservation is because I am waiting for a factory turbo, but I do own stock because I really do believe it will happen. Not soon, but I do think it will still happen.

travelingman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, however, there appears to be a problem with whatever the agreement was for the plant in Shreveport, Louisiana per a council hearing, they had about 3 days ago and the stock has dropped some. Elio got a real sweet deal from the bankruptcy but it wasn't what Shreveport wanted as far as employment. I don't think Paul Elio was at fault, but there is problems because they want employment. 4 hour video of hearing: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=fHR2E3tevtk

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, however, there appears to be a problem with whatever the agreement was for the plant in Shreveport, Louisiana per a council hearing, they had about 3 days ago and the stock has dropped some. Elio got a real sweet deal from the bankruptcy but it wasn't what Shreveport wanted as far as employment. I don't think Paul Elio was at fault, but there is problems because they want employment. 4 hour video of hearing: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=fHR2E3tevtk
If you go over to the thread "This is Promising" you'll see the whole run down on that meeting.
Overall, it was nothing more then a Political Posturing for those looking for reelection.
If you stand back and think about it, if Elio pulled out of that plant, they don't have anyone else to take their place; the Parrish's option at that point would be to tear the entire plant down, and sell it for scrap; they don't want that either. It was just grandstanding by the politicians.

Camden17504

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I haven't been in this site for a long time (mainly because there's never anything new to talk about), so what's the latest push-back date? I'm assuming they've pushed back the date again because they've done it so many times already....
I just saw where replying to Shreveport law makers Paul told them he was hoping for 4th quarter of 2017. Anyone feel free to correct me, please correct me. I was looking forward to a trip in it before that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom