• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's interesting. So with that said........what did EM spend the Reg A+ funding round on that was earmarked specifically for E builds/testing/validation? Not many completed production milestones from that list?? Odd.

As far as I know, they are still working on it.

I know we are all antsy to get our Elios, but I don't know of any company that is as open as them with making a new car. How many times do we get "spy pics" for a new Ford, BMW, etc, etc in magazines like Motor Trend and they've been working on this model for the last 5 years and no one knew about it?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think there was a substantial re-engineering effort to switch to a steel uni-body architecture and that ate up costs that would have otherwise gone to the E-series validation. They did successfully begin testing and building batches of the E-series in parallel with the tests was always in the plan, so I figured somewhere in months 4-6 is representative of where they are now.

DaveM

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well, here I am back again after a very long absence from this site, only to find that nothing has changed. No production date, and no indication of one.
I have been waiting for over 3.5 years now and my deposit seems to be no more an advantage now than it was way back then.
Some of you seem so optimistic and I have to ask, WHY?
I went through this many years ago with the Brickland....lot's of hype, no action, and finally proven to be a scam.
I sure hate to believe that this may be a repeat of that fiasco.....but golly! How can I see this as anything else at this point.
When I first got exited about the Elio, I put my money down and convinced a couple of friends to do the same. Boy, do I feel like a chump!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, here I am back again after a very long absence from this site, only to find that nothing has changed. No production date, and no indication of one.
I have been waiting for over 3.5 years now and my deposit seems to be no more an advantage now than it was way back then.
I went through this many years ago with the Brickland....lot's of hype, no action, and finally proven to be a scam.
I sure hate to believe that this may be a repeat of that fiasco.....but golly! How can I see this as anything else at this point.
When I first got exited about the Elio, I put my money down and convinced a couple of friends to do the same. Boy, do I feel like a chump!

Roll one, take a few tokes, and mellow out.
You'll feel better!

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Scam means they've never produced anything and showed no effort to product anything. They continue to improve the product instead of half assing it. Do you want a half assed car or a full assed one?

As I've said umteen times, how many car manufacturers show the entire process of making a car vs how many were hiding that it even existed? Do you know how long the new Acura/Honda NSX took to bring to market? Over 10 years. People didn't know about it for at least 3. People said for at least another 3 years that it was vaporware and yet, here we are with a new NSX. Until I see Elio filing for chapter 11/13, I continue to have high hopes for it coming to market.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"That's interesting. So with that said........what did EM spend the Reg A+ funding round on that was earmarked specifically for E builds/testing/validation? Not many completed production milestones from that list?? Odd."

'Odd' is one way to phrase it. In the broad picture more than 100 million on 5, to at most 7, vehicles in various stages of incompletion, maybe 2 to 3 engines, one of which might have been dyno'd, a cool trailer pulled by a real cool outfitted Sprinter van (maybe privately owned, or a corporate gift), a rented office in Phoenix, and some odd and convoluted leasehold arrangement for a part of a huge facility in Louisiana. Manufacturing equipment moved around and sold without clear title. Money earmarked and subsequently invested for specific stages which never materialized. I don't see a lot of transparency but do also see a lot of odd behavior!!

Through it all, I'm still eagerly anticipating riding around in my new and cool Elio!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom