• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Mobile Device(s) Are You Using?

What mobile devices do you use?

• Android powered phone

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Android powered tablet

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • iPhone

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • iPad

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Windows Tablet

• Other: Blackberry, Firefox OS, etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No clue

• None

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

cleverwise

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like texting for certain applications but for long discussions I agree voice is the way to go. I will say having access to the Internet on the go is overall great. I have been able to look up facts and information in the middle of discussions or do product research while in a store. My phone has saved me money on items I might have bought or shown me lower prices. Plus being able to check voicemail and email while out and about has been beneficial. Of course there are some downsides too, but I think more pros than cons.

I am looking forward to one day installing a smartlock or two on my home that a smartphone will unlock. Plus when paying via smartphone gets more common I will probably opt for that solution. I would love to leave the house with no wallet just the phone and maybe one credit card as a backup.

I have thought why don't cars start allowing pairing of devices to start them. The current vehicle I drive has push to start and bluetooth phone connectivity. Well why can't I use my paired phone as the device to start the car too.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My phone currently does:

Alarm clock
Answer door bell (can see and talk to them)
Car radio (iheart)
GPS
Monitors security cameras
Controls my lights (karaoke night put in strobe mode changes colors and flashes to tempo of tunes)
Soon to be Tire pressure monitoring system (FOBO Tire)
Texting
and very little talking hehe

There might be more, that's all I can think of right now ......

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My phone currently does:

Alarm clock
Answer door bell (can see and talk to them)
Car radio (iheart)
GPS
Monitors security cameras
Controls my lights (karaoke night put in strobe mode changes colors and flashes to tempo of tunes)
Soon to be Tire pressure monitoring system (FOBO Tire)
Texting
and very little talking hehe

There might be more, that's all I can think of right now ......
My alarm clock works just fine.
I get up and go answer the door.
My car radio works just fine.
I use maps.
My dogs and gun are my security.
I use the light switches.
I use a tire gauge.
Don't text.
If you want to talk to me, talk to me....other words leave me alone.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny story about "being dependent on technology":

Years ago my first wife was driving the truck for commuting since I had the longer commute. Anyways, the electric solenoid (spelling?) went out on the driver door so the key fob would open all doors but the driver door. She would hit open, hop in the passenger side and scoot over the counsel to get in the driver seat. When she told me about it I said "honey let me show you an easier way" with a puzzled look on her face she followed me outside to the truck. I motioned my hands and made a big deal of how I would appear to make the key fob work. Then put the key in the lock and opened the door o_O

What makes it even funnier is she did this for about 2 weeks before telling me LOL

Top Bottom