• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Mobile Device(s) Are You Using?

What mobile devices do you use?

• Android powered phone

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Android powered tablet

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • iPhone

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • iPad

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Windows Tablet

• Other: Blackberry, Firefox OS, etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No clue

• None

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Text I wish were outlawed. Ever drive behind someone or in line a the store with someone texting and holding you up?
I would rather wait in line around a lot of people silently texting than having those same people talking on the phone. Too bad you can go to jail for having a cell phone jammer in your car.

For Androids there is an app (AT&T Drive Mode - that can be used on any carrier's Android) that will prevent texting while driving. Unfortunately due to how iOS works there isn't any equivalent for that.

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Plain old flip phone with NO text capabilities... had them turn that completely off! The first month's bill came in around $300, so I went to the store and got after the girl there about the mistake. After she spent thirty minutes trying to explain to me how to do what I would have had to be doing to get such a bill, she finally concluded that I couldn't have run that bill up. She then told me that they could turn that facet of things off, but that I wouldn't receive any texts from them, either. I replied, " What does that matter if I can't get to them in the first place?", upon which she rolled her eyes and told me that she'd take care of it and not to worry about the bill. Never had a problem again! :cool:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure who the other 6 are, but I do not now, nor ever had a cell phone. I got them for the wife and kids, but never saw the need, or had the desire to be interupted during my day. Example: About 8 of my friends and I are sitting up on the front porch having a couple beers, watching the rain and BS'ing. I'm right in the middle of a VERY interesting story :rolleyes:, when my buddy Faz's phone rings...it's like whomever was calling literally stepped in between us and ended the conversation. I thought, "fine", I'll just enlighten someone else. Turned around, and EVERY SINGLE person there was on their phones, talking to someone that wasn't there. I prefer (Elio forum excluded) to do my 'social networking' face to face. All my friends give me sh*t about being "off the grid", but I like it that way.
I turn my phone off when I am with friends or in a meeting. That is why voice messaging is available. :-) Z

Top Bottom