• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Mobile Device(s) Are You Using?

What mobile devices do you use?

• Android powered phone

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Android powered tablet

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • iPhone

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • iPad

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Windows Tablet

• Other: Blackberry, Firefox OS, etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No clue

• None

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LG G3... Awesome phone... Well actually they're not really phones anymore... Hand computer/com device (Thank You Gene Roddenberry!;)) Anyway, it's a wonderful piece of tech... I have two tablets... A 10" ASUS w/kb docking station (a gift) and an inexpensive 7" Hisense Sero that I use on MC trips now... All are Android devices... Either Jelly Bean or Kit Kat OS... I'm not going to get into the Apple vs Android argument but for me the Android devices are far less proprietary and expensive than Apple's offerings... Hold the flames please cuz I also have an Ipod Touch! :D
I'm kind of a techy ( at work they call me Inspector Gadget) but I completely understand folks that desire to hold it to a minimum... I use and enjoy the benefits of these "magic" devices, but I still keep a paper road atlas handy, carry two pocket knives, First aid kit etc... Cuz ya never know when some unexpected event can limit or render these devices useless...(like the giant solar flares that happened last week)... Oh yeah one other comment on the high end "smart" phones... They all pretty much have excellent cameras now, and can be quite handy... I had a parking lot minor fender bender last year and was able to document everything including the other persons Insurance and Lic. with a few quick shots... having a hi res camera capable of still or movie shots can be a real boon in certain situations particulary in this litigious lawyer happy world we live in... IMHO... Besides that, you might see a pretty sunset or an interesting sight that you can capture and enjoy later or share with family n' friends... :cool:

cleverwise

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
LG G3... Awesome phone... Well actually they're not really phones anymore... Hand computer/com device (Thank You Gene Roddenberry!;)) Anyway, it's a wonderful piece of tech... I have two tablets... A 10" ASUS w/kb docking station (a gift) and an inexpensive 7" Hisense Sero that I use on MC trips now... All are Android devices... Either Jelly Bean or Kit Kat OS... I'm not going to get into the Apple vs Android argument but for me the Android devices are far less proprietary and expensive than Apple's offerings... Hold the flames please cuz I also have an Ipod Touch! :D
I'm kind of a techy ( at work they call me Inspector Gadget) but I completely understand folks that desire to hold it to a minimum... I use and enjoy the benefits of these "magic" devices, but I still keep a paper road atlas handy, carry two pocket knives, First aid kit etc... Cuz ya never know when some unexpected event can limit or render these devices useless...(like the giant solar flares that happened last week)... Oh yeah one other comment on the high end "smart" phones... They all pretty much have excellent cameras now, and can be quite handy... I had a parking lot minor fender bender last year and was able to document everything including the other persons Insurance and Lic. with a few quick shots... having a hi res camera capable of still or movie shots can be a real boon in certain situations particulary in this litigious lawyer happy world we live in... IMHO... Besides that, you might see a pretty sunset or an interesting sight that you can capture and enjoy later or share with family n' friends... :cool:

Wait?! There isn't a first aid bandage app? ;)

I hear you on the cameras. Last year someone rear ended the car I was driving. I jump out grabbed my smart phone and snapped a picture of the cars impact and went around and snapped a photo of the license plate (just in case). I call 911 to report the incident, then snapped several more photos. After that I motioned to the other driver that we should move off the street to a parking lot.

When the cop showed up like 18 minutes later I showed him the photos I had taken. I also provided them to our lawyer. It was very useful to have a smartphone and new uses popup all the time. Although the cause of the accident was the other driver paying attention to her smartphone and running into the back of our then one week old car.

Tablets also have their advantages too.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find it all too easy to bleed out all my energy and time into on-line connectedness. Unless it helps me with objectives of some kind I stay out/off/away of it.
There is the trivial surface of things and then there is the depth. If you get all tangled up in the surface of a wide variety of things, you have no time left for any depth. It's a modern conundrum. Being a jack of all trades, I fully get that.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait?! There isn't a first aid bandage app? ;)

I hear you on the cameras. Last year someone rear ended the car I was driving. I jump out grabbed my smart phone and snapped a picture of the cars impact and went around and snapped a photo of the license plate (just in case). I call 911 to report the incident, then snapped several more photos. After that I motioned to the other driver that we should move off the street to a parking lot.

When the cop showed up like 18 minutes later I showed him the photos I had taken. I also provided them to our lawyer. It was very useful to have a smartphone and new uses popup all the time. Although the cause of the accident was the other driver paying attention to her smartphone and running into the back of our then one week old car.

Tablets also have their advantages too.

Hidy cleverwise... I don't know about a first aid bandage app, but the U.S Army Field Manual FM 3-05.70 Survival Guide is available and I found it to be quite informative! :) Of course all this hinges on the phone working and having power otherwise its just a "brick"... I think other valuable apps are the weather apps ( I use wunderground mainly) and the mapping software (Google Maps) which has the ability to switch from map mode to satellite mode giving a real picture of what you're looking far... I also use Skype quite a bit (i've got friends planet wide!) I also have the Kindle app loaded on all my devices so I've always have something to read... Expanding on this a bit I have a ROKU stick... If I'm staying at a place with a HDMI capable TV and WIFI I've always got entertainment...:D... NerdVana!

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...... and the mapping software (Google Maps)

Someone here, I believe it was Dustoff turned me onto WAZE after I've been using google maps for years. Took me a little while to get used to it but now I like it and think it does a better job of avoiding traffic. Give her a try if you like.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone here, I believe it was Dustoff turned me onto WAZE after I've been using google maps for years. Took me a little while to get used to it but now I like it and think it does a better job of avoiding traffic. Give her a try if you like.

Thanks... I'll take a look and see what I think... Usually in the truck or on the bike I'm using my Garmin GPS... My Genesis has an onboard Nav system, but as I said I do like being able to get a "street view" with G-maps... Its all good! :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure who the other 6 are, but I do not now, nor ever had a cell phone. I got them for the wife and kids, but never saw the need, or had the desire to be interupted during my day. Example: About 8 of my friends and I are sitting up on the front porch having a couple beers, watching the rain and BS'ing. I'm right in the middle of a VERY interesting story :rolleyes:, when my buddy Faz's phone rings...it's like whomever was calling literally stepped in between us and ended the conversation. I thought, "fine", I'll just enlighten someone else. Turned around, and EVERY SINGLE person there was on their phones, talking to someone that wasn't there. I prefer (Elio forum excluded) to do my 'social networking' face to face. All my friends give me sh*t about being "off the grid", but I like it that way.

Top Bottom