• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Particular Feature About The Elio Atracted You Besides Just The Price?

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Initially, I had no idea what the Elio looked like, as I became aware of it through an interview someone was doing on the all-news radio station I listen to on my commute to work. For years I have been lamenting the lack of a practical, small, high mileage individual "pod" type vehicle to get me and all of these other single driver commuters to work. I always thought there was a better way. Public transportation does not work for me due to the hours I work - it shuts down at midnight.

Then, I hear about the Elio. Price sounded fantastic, but it was really the practicality and potential MPG that intrigued me. Then I researched it and could not get the Elio out of my head, and had to get in my reservation.

It can't come soon enough.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed vehicles which differed somewhat from what most people would consider to be 'normal'. As I mentioned in another thread my first car was a 1979 Triumph Spitfire which was definitely not something most 16 year olds were driving in 1995.

Of course there is also the innate practicality of a safe and extremely fuel efficient vehicle which is capable of carrying two people, plus a little extra in the trunk, in reasonable all weather comfort.

This becomes an even better proposition with the understanding that it is to be built in the USA with at least 90% of the components also being produced in North America.

It really became a no brainer upon learning that all the above could be available brand new for under $10,000 including taxes and fees.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two things: First an efficient commuter that won't break the bank. After three years, my gas savings alone will pay for it. I admire the concept, realistic transportation for today's commuter, a cell standard with most creature comforts to which you can add if you wish, but as-delivered it is still a great bargain without being a hair shirt.

Then there's the fun factor. Almost a motorcycle, but much more survivable in city traffic, yet with a sense of freedom with which you can blunt the soul-killing slog to the office then use on weekends for fun daytrips and short tours.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I discovered what a Morgan cyclecar was back in the early 70's from an automobile encyclopedia. That was about the time I got my "Learner's Permit".
[Broken External Image]
It was love at first sight, I was hooked!!! I have been lusting after 3 wheel vehicles ever since!!! The closest I came to owning such a thing was when I became a dealer for Ural sidecar motorcycles, but the dynamics of a "hack" are just not the same. I followed both the Sparrow, and the Aptera very closely, and was extremely disappointed by their demise.

Most 3 wheelers are simply EXPENSIVE toys (Can you say T-Rex?). The practicality of high MPG and low purchase price of the Elio has sealed the deal for me. The Elio is actually justifiable for someone (like me) on a budget. I sure do hope the Elio can finally make my dreams of 3 wheeling in a car come true!!! :D

Now, if we can just talk them into making an Elio convertible...... :rolleyes:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about the new revived Morgan! Sweet!
image.jpg

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fuel economy, price, and looks are what got me in. I didn't actually care much for the P3 but I liked the general lay out and concept. The P4 won me over completely. I like the fact its like a little odd Formula 1 style car. I always wanted to convert a formula style car for street use just for fun.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

...... The practicality of high MPG and low purchase price of the Elio has sealed the deal for me. The Elio is actually justifiable for someone (like me) on a budget...

Like most of you, I can't pick just one! But, Steve S Really hit the "main" reason for me. It is that ALL of the other reasons, when combined, Makes the Elio JUSTIFIABLE! It makes good financial sense! :cool: :cool: :cool:

mcg58

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Fuel economy and operating cost for my daily commute. I don't need a larger vehicle. My pickup will be sold and if I have the need for a larger vehicle, there are rental companies for that.

Top Bottom