• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Particular Feature About The Elio Atracted You Besides Just The Price?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being a good steward is very important, so the economy cannot be removed from the equation.
My bicycle has three wheels; therefore this Elio feature definitely attracted my attention!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfk1H8XA_GITIbtVlK4V7mF1h-iYS3iLI0Llkw6wXkZrPgAjpI.jpg

p.s. this is NOT me, but simply a pic from the interwebs!
I have to admit your tricycle fascinates me but I can't imagine getting on and off of it. LOL :-) Z

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's the Talent I see In Paul that draws me to the Elio. You see I was working on my own version of economy when the Paul showed up with his Elio. I know I know! there's no comparison but;
Like Paul I rail against the poisonous and rancid economy that languishes year after year. He said as much in his interview of what motivated him to start Elio. Sorry but my all wheel drive recumbent is the best I could come up with. LOL It does get 214 miles to the gal. and is both front and rear wheel drive. The little 4 cycle idles on a centrifacal clutch that I use when there is a hill I don't like. Pretty clear now why I'd be far better off with the Elio.

IMG_1237.JPG

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, it is rather distinctive, a surefire attention getter. And anybody who knows me knows I'm always disappointed when the parade float reaches the end of the route and I have to dismount. This way it can be Rose Bowl everyday and I can be my usual center of attention for at least a year or two before they really catch on. Practicing my wave as I type! :)

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been waiting for an affordable, enclosed, three-wheeled car for over 30 years (seriously over THIRTY years). I waited for the BIG-THREE to pull their heads out of their over-engineered asses, for for a foreign maker to find a niche-market - but when Paul Elio came out with his concept and watching it near fruition, I was sold. Also, the tandem seating is something I'm going to love. I honestly can't find a fault and will look forward to just how far ELIO Motors will carry the economic transportation torch (can't wait for electric 'plug-in' ELIO's)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I agree as stated in the previous report.
"Appearance, price and mileage were all at the top."
Then I researched all I could find about it and said this is a great auto cycle! They put a lot of though into everything about it! Aerodynamics (tandem), light weight, special designed motor and transmission!
Terrence Bernard

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The weight. A '95 M3 CSL weighs only 300 lbs. less that the standard M3 of the same year but you can sure feel it in the corners. I can't wait to see what a hopped up elio can do in the corners!

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Is that registered as a motor vehicle? In my part of the world it would need a registration plate and a licence would be needed to ride it. It would also require a road fund payment.
In Tennessee The little 4 stroke is under 50 cc and under 2 brake hp and so is ruled and rated as any other bicycle. I'm painfully aware of the restrictions
in England. Your so right in that one of the attractions of this type of bike is that here in America it is allowed to fly under the radar, so-to-speak. The recumbent modification is a kit from a company known as Cruzbike from Perth Australia. A bloak in Alabama tells the story of stuffing 20 dollar bills into the handle bars and traveling around the country with a motor bike like this one. On his way to Denver The Indian reservations in Oklahoma welcomed him with open arms and the Apache liked him so much they didn't want him to leave. I digress. But there is adventure in such things at this. LOL

Top Bottom