• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What The Hell Is An Autocycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not feeling the love. Lets just lighten up.
Least we forget this thread-
""What the H*ll is an autocar"
It turned into a "What the Hell" thread. It takes a group to debate or argue. I respect all view points including Spyche Chaos'. It's a glass half full half empty viewpoint as to where EM is at this point. There has been little progress with no funding since the last delay announcement and time is short for a 2016 production schedule. EM has failed to meet some goals, certainly hasn't failed in getting the autocycle to production. I really need to see a production autocycle prototype built and tested. It would make all the difference to potential investors. Is the engine still running?

image.jpg

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not feeling the love. Lets just lighten up.
Least we forget this thread-
""What the H*ll is an autocar"

Darn, I thought everyone knew that "Autocar" was a truck manufacturer.
"Autocycle" is a horse of a different color.
Creamsicle being a popular and well known color.........
Although I'm told by reliable sources that, if offered, Yellow would be well received. ;)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It turned into a "What the Hell" thread. It takes a group to debate or argue. I respect all view points including Spyche Chaos'. It's a glass half full half empty viewpoint as to where EM is at this point. There has been little progress with no funding since the last delay announcement and time is short for a 2016 production schedule. EM has failed to meet some goals, certainly hasn't failed in getting the autocar to production. I really need to see a production autocar prototype built and tested. It would make all the difference to potential investors. Is the engine still running?

View attachment 5474

Good question on the engine.
On the finance thing,,,,, someplace I think I remember that around June or July time frame 506c is going to change so you don't have to meet the current definition of "qualified" buyer and that was why "Network 1 Financial Securities" was brought on board.
I could, of course, be totally wrong.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It turned into a "What the Hell" thread. It takes a group to debate or argue. I respect all view points including Spyche Chaos'. It's a glass half full half empty viewpoint as to where EM is at this point. There has been little progress with no funding since the last delay announcement and time is short for a 2016 production schedule. EM has failed to meet some goals, certainly hasn't failed in getting the autocycle to production. I really need to see a production autocycle prototype built and tested. It would make all the difference to potential investors. Is the engine still running?

View attachment 5474
I rather think the whole thread has been a good exercise in metacognitive skills, sorry for the term word I'm not trying to analyze here instead trying to digest the range of thought and emotional content which is quite broad. While I can't say I agree or "like" everything I've read that's my challenge to understand, I do appreciate the opportunity for new understanding.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I rather think the whole thread has been a good exercise in metacognitive skills, sorry for the term word I'm not trying to analyze here instead trying to digest the range of thought and emotional content which is quite broad. While I can't say I agree or "like" everything I've read that's my challenge to understand, I do appreciate the opportunity for new understanding.

Metacognition. Big word to swallow though I do remember Sir Francis Bacon wrote a little treatise titled "Idols of the Mind" explaining your term quite well some 360 years ago. Seems some have even credited him as the Father of Science for his defining writings of the subject.

My guess is that the term "What the hell" has proven to have adversely affected your thread in unintended ways, perhaps?
Some phrases act as triggers to spark subliminal and primal responses affecting some more than others. Advertisers try to use this in Commercials too.
Case in point. I've sometimes wondered if some commercials are selling sex rather than the beer or auto subject. Three guesses as to who was affected most adversely . LOL

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 5474
Rickb, I think you left off a glass, the one that simply says "I'm full of it":p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom