• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Will Be The Primary Use For Your Elio?

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio will replace my 1995 GEO Prizm as my commuter car. Trying to keep it going another year. Right now, I'm driving about 100 easy miles a week alone in the GEO, so with the Elio I will only be filling up once every month. We have a station wagon for the family trips and hauling stuff around. The GEO is starting to look a little ragged (185K miles on it and 12 years parked at the rail station), but its running pretty well (knock on wood). I keep repeating to myself "18 months more."

mcg58

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi mcg, I had a 1991 Toyota 2-wheel drive pickup! I believe the truck had 140,000 miles on it when I traded it in, back in 2002. I believe you could park it these days in the bed of a Tundra. :)

Is your truck still going strong? 4-wheel drive?

Bought it in 1999 from a student in Iowa City, IA; is a CA model. Still going strong, AC works like a charm, has 238K+ miles. It pulled a loaded trailer from IA when I moved to Georgia. Have used it to go to Miami and Orlando several times. I even used it to carry my Honda VTX twice! Have to place a piece of plywood on the opened tailgate to distribute the weight and yes, the truck was squatting bad.

Top Bottom