• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would You Like To See Added Or Changed To The Site?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..........." than to just pick pick the lesser of the two".........
Can't remember exactly where I heard this but I know I have the quote correct so I will use quotation marks.
.........."When you pick the lesser of two evils, you're still picking evil.".............
As long as Putin and Isis are still voting with their feet your solution is adolescent at best. Did you catch Drudge today?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
obamerlain-2.jpg
I have no idea what you are talking about. This is not a political blog.
Unfortunately Politics affects everything. Especially the most valuable commodity on earth (your topic btw). The effects of politics will visit you if you don't visit it. Mr Chamberlain.

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't remember exactly where I heard this but I know I have the quote correct so I will use quotation marks.
.........."When you pick the lesser of two evils, you're still picking evil.".............
YOur just the guy to ask this question. In that I see that the final shot in the movie The Castaway, Tom Hanks was standing in the middle of your town. Please tell me what you think the symbolic meaning was as he was standing in the middle of your town?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YOur just the guy to ask this question. In that I see that the final shot in the movie The Castaway, Tom Hanks was standing in the middle of your town. Please tell me what you think the symbolic meaning was as he was standing in the middle of your town?

You're making the assumption that I waste the time and money to go to movies.
Nearest one is 120 mile round trip at 16 - 17 MPG plus the cost of tickets.
About $18 for gas plus whatever the movie costs and 2.5 hrs travel time.
As you can see, I have other things to do than waste time and money on movies.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 5807
Unfortunately Politics affects everything. Especially the most valuable commodity on earth (your topic btw). The effects of politics will visit you if you don't visit it. Mr Chamberlain.

My topic?
You are not authorized to put words in my mouth.
Incidentally, I checked the source of my quote and find I was off a little.
It is actually
"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia
Yes!
That Jerry Garcia!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry bout the peak oil debacle. I thought it was you espousing that lie. My mistake.
However if you count yourself a jerry garcia fan and cant even catch the Movie, "Castaway" on TV.
Well you must have some sort of disasocialitis or something. There was a point in the movie Hanks had to invent a friend made out of a soccer ball. If you count this gacia guy as one of yours then you must be more isolated than Tom Hanks was. LOL

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry bout the peak oil debacle. I thought it was you espousing that lie. My mistake.
However if you count yourself a jerry garcia fan and cant even catch the Movie, "Castaway" on TV.
Well you must have some sort of disasocialitis or something. There was a point in the movie Hanks had to invent a friend made out of a soccer ball. If you count this gacia guy as one of yours then you must be more isolated than Tom Hanks was. LOL

Not a super Garcia fan. I was more than a little surprised that the "lesser of two evils is also evil" quote was his. Just like I was surprised to find out that he was in not only in the "Grateful Dead", but also "New Riders of the Purple Sage". Amazing how talented some of those musicians were.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok William H, Just to set the record straight many try to associate musical talent with brightness and intelligence. Tragically it is quite the opposite. The same goes for the Gacia quote. Life is full of lessor evil choices that is unless one is as strung out in some twilight never never land and thinks just because something rimes and has a beat that it must be true. LOL ONe more time I ask you to think about realize how shallow the quote really is.
I hope you know I was joking about the last scene in Castaway. I'm sure there are buildings where you live in Junction. LOL Sorry you missed it. The FedEx part was filmed in Memphis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom