• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's This Crap?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good questions... sucks to have to ask them and not have concrete answers though.
Well, if there is a twist we'll just have to wait for answers. I was under the impression that the line equipment had been purchased. I also don't see how, if Elio has a signed lease, Caddo Parrish can sell/lease to anyone else without permission and/or incentives.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If not mistaking, I think GM paid back Tarp monies with Tarp money they had received and put in escrow, before they got the bailout. They repaid the rest with stock, most of which the government sold at a loss and still own some. JMO
The Gov't lost money on the Auto Industry but made money overall. If it wouldn't have happened as it did there would be no Auto industry and no Elio. If Louisiana's State & Local politics wasn't behind Elio there would be no Elio. Government is an essential partner to grow jobs and the economy whether we like it or not. Go Elio!
image.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Gov't lost money on the Auto Industry but made money overall. If it wouldn't have happened as it did there would be no Auto industry and no Elio. If Louisiana's State & Local politics wasn't behind Elio there would be no Elio. Government is an essential partner to grow jobs and the economy whether we like it or not. Go Elio!
View attachment 801
I've read that article. I had always thought the government was off it's rockers. They must have someone who knows what they are doing up there. Of course, this was the second time Chrysler got bailed out...

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've read that article. I had always thought the government was off it's rockers. They must have someone who knows what they are doing up there. Of course, this was the second time Chrysler got bailed out...

I love how bad it was under Daimler despite the enormous success of the minivan. Then they built real gems like this:
2005-chrysler-crossfire-s-2_600x0w.jpg

Oh, and I forgot this:
0301_one_year_test_verdict_2001_chrysler_pt_cruiser_01l+2001_chrysler_pt_cruiser+front_left_view.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, but only a few! lol Lots of trickle down jobs supported by the auto industry that impact even the rural USA economies. Many small towns/cities were scared to death about the possibility of losing their auto dealerships and their main street businesses as a result.

I'm glad that it sounds like Elio was and still is the Primary Tenant in that former Shreveport GM Plant. As future Elio owners and fans we need to show positive support and cheer on the Elio Team. They are getting very close to the finish line. There has been no new start up auto company in a long long time and I am looking forward to this one.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love how bad it was under Daimler despite the enormous success of the minivan. Then they built real gems like this:

Oh, and I forgot this:
0301_one_year_test_verdict_2001_chrysler_pt_cruiser_01l+2001_chrysler_pt_cruiser+front_left_view.jpg
Sweet! I also kind of liked the 'mob car' styling of the Chrysler 300.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Oh, and I forgot this:
LOL... I'm sure SOMEBODY liked that PT cruiser... maybe the government should have let Chrysler go under afterall!

Rayl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
goofyone, thanks for posting this link http://www.caddo.org/DocumentCenter/View/608 It kind of made me wonder why they asked for demolition bids last year and getting one that included the named Elio area...so the county/parish would have got a payment to have it demolished of $8 million dollars.!!

I really want an Elio, and have faith they will be made--but maybe not in Louisiana, so this really makes me wonder what this parish has going on. rayl

Rayl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think that Elio Motors has alternate plans that will be kept silent if the Shreveport deal gets nixed. Like I said before the best thing from Shreveport was Elio getting the manufacturing equipment. That equipment can be moved and set up elsewhere.

Maybe I should point out some thinking on this--I've worked in the gunsmith and parts supply business $150mill a year... So when the governments out in Connecticut, New York and Colorado started passing anti-gun rights laws some of the companies doing business in those states just made plans to leave. Other states Loyal to the gun rights swooped in and invited them there. Texas is one of them. And Texas got the Toyota Headquarters. I'm thinking Shreveport better be loyal to helping companies like Elio, or Companies like Elio will find areas that are loyal.. just my two cents

Top Bottom