• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's This Crap?

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If not mistaking, I think GM paid back Tarp monies with Tarp money they had received and put in escrow, before they got the bailout. They repaid the rest with stock, most of which the government sold at a loss and still own some. JMO
A loss ain't the word for it.. How in the hell Gm was able to IPO at 70 bucks a share is beyond anyone..Now trading at about half that..If the government held on to the stock they deserved to take a hit..I do not know when they sold or for how much..

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would appear the deal to lease part, or all, of the former GM plant to a Japanese manufacturer has now officially fallen through the cracks.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/25396153/...bs-meanwhile-toyota-plans-a-big-move-to-texas

Caddo Parish lost 4,000+ possible jobs, meanwhile Toyota plans a big move to Texas
Posted: Apr 30, 2014 7:18 PM EDTUpdated: Apr 30, 2014 7:18 PM EDT
By Craig Sims - bio | email

SHREVEPORT, La. -
Just as suburban Dallas got great news that Toyota is moving its North American headquarters there, we got the bad news here that 4,000 jobs will not move to Shreveport. An unknown company was negotiating quietly with the State of Louisiana about incentive deals for months. It promised 4,500 jobs. That's led to speculation about the company, including that it could've been Toyota. Local leaders stress it wasn't a car company.
"It was not Toyota," John Escude, a Caddo Commissioner who heads the economic development committee, said. "It was not an automobile manufacturer period."
Escude heads the economic development committee. He says the Japanese manufacturer that showed interest in Shreveport produces air conditioning units, but he and others refuse to reveal the company's name, which has led to local speculation over whom it could be.
"The last thing that we need is the next company that is interested in maybe locating here to get the impression that the people that are trying to get these projects put together cannot keep their confidentiality agreements," Escude said. ."So, I'm not going there."
Elio Motors still plans to rent manufacturing space at the GM plant. Escude says other tenants will now be allowed to enter discussions on locating there in May. He says the building is one of a kind and will attract more interest.
"You have to realize, there are lots of huge shuttered plans and buildings scattered throughout this country," Escude said. "They're over 100 years old. this is a relatively new, modern facility with lots of real estate."
Escude says the Japanese manufacturer that turned Shreveport down, isn't keeping the great economic opportunity away because of a problem with the city.
"They came to us. They said make an offer," Escude said. "It took our shot. At the end of the day, there was nothing wrong with our offer. They were perfectly happy with it. They just didn't feel as if the business could survive the transition."
Texas worked out a huge incentive deal to get Toyota, which included around $40 million.
upload_2014-5-1_10-54-29.jpeg

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.........Elio Motors still plans to rent manufacturing space at the GM plant. Escude says other tenants will now be allowed to enter discussions on locating there in May. He says the building is one of a kind and will attract more interest...........

I could be dead wrong, but I read this as Elio was always still in the mix. They were not allowing other tenants to negotiate for the other space until they heard back from the Japanese company.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's good..However Elio has said several times they have secured the plant..Is this true?, If so , all dotted lines have been signed and monies paid how can this crap keep coming up? Why all the delays about moving in ? How can that silly bitch still be protesting or seeking other tenants..

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's good..However Elio has said several times they have secured the plant..Is this true?, If so , all dotted lines have been signed and monies paid how can this crap keep coming up? Why all the delays about moving in ? How can that silly bitch still be protesting or seeking other tenants..
Some people would rather stir sh-t than soup.
upload_2014-5-1_11-16-39.jpeg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I could be dead wrong, but I read this as Elio was always still in the mix. They were not allowing other tenants to negotiate for the other space until they heard back from the Japanese company.

This is the way I read it also. We know Elio Motors is only leasing about 1.5 million sq ft out of about 4 million sq ft so that leaves a heck of a lot of space left over for other tenants.

Top Bottom