• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Elio will be the primary vehicle, the pickup, roadster and MC (2 wheel) will be used when the need for them arises.
That was my point......it may be the primary for some......serve as a second vehicle for others that require an SUV or Van as their primary vehicle to shuttle families. Wide market appeal to include those that seem to be busy with large family activity. It may be the 'only' vehicle for others.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate the new fenders, they look like over kill, this is not what I paid $1,000 for, this takes the stream line look away from the Elio makes it to bulky, if dirt gets on my roof I can just add mud flaps or I can wash it off!! when I pick my Elio up it had better have the fenders on it that I have paid for!!! where I can still see my tires. I want the solid color not a to tone ether I went all in for the lime green and I do not want any thing else!!! come on Elion motors get real stop messing up a great car, you are going from great to crappy, stop changing this car the lights are awesome but you do not need to change anything else. if we want to change our cars just give us the option to do so, THANK YOU........... foxeys_fox

image.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Elio will be the primary vehicle, the pickup, roadster and MC (2 wheel) will be used when the need for them arises.
Although I usually think about an Elio as a secondary vehicle, when I consider how we currently use our cars - even for purposes OTHER than commuting, the Elio will adapt better to the needs of my wife and I than our current 6-passenger vans. For 95% of our daily and weekly errands, most of which are under 5 miles, Elio offers the best solution.

For this reason, styling aside, I like the cycle fenders - they would seem to have a better chance of survival in parking lots and over urban potholes. Where aerodynamics become more important out on the highway, the fairings make good sense. So why not both? One set for the urban slog, one for touring!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was my point......it may be the primary for some......serve as a second vehicle for others that require an SUV or Van as their primary vehicle to shuttle families. Wide market appeal to include those that seem to be busy with large family activity. It may be the 'only' vehicle for others.
I'm definitely in that last category if for no other reason than I can't afford 2 vehicles. If I do need a larger vehicle I will either have to drive someone else's car or rent one. :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, me too. I plan to keep my 2000 Land Rover but at 13 mpg it will only be used in bad weather or lugging stuff. Single with no kids pretty sure I will be putting some miles on the Elio.
MK

And I plan to ALWAYS keep and drive my "CNG" Honda Civic. 100,000 miles and going strong, burning compressed natural gas that has never cost me more than $1.75 a gallon. ( and some time, even half that cost)

Oh, did I mention that it gets 44 mpg? :)

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Elio will be my only vehicle. If I need something else for a special task I'll just rent it for a day or ask a friend.
Or see what u r saving on the Elio monthly and save that in order to get another vehicle or pay down debt and snowball effect ur debt. (Save $50/month to pay off first loan tht is lets say $50/month then roll tht in and save $100/month for the next etc.)

Top Bottom