• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheels

Texan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Okay, so folks complain about the cost of the vehicle going up and then bitch when they use a less expensive manufacturer. The question is, why isn't there an American manufacturer who is willing to make the wheels at the same or lower cost? Do you want a $7000 car or a $17,000 car? The Slingshot is $20,000 and has no roof, doors, or AC is getting less than 30mpg.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question about wheels. Will the inflate valve be on the back side of the wheel? At least for the front wheels if front and rear are different sizes.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Question about wheels. Will the inflate valve be on the back side of the wheel? At least for the front wheels if front and rear are different sizes.
Someone just said they were going to SLC today and wanted a list of questions to ask; but I forgot who it was.
That would be a very good one to ask.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Standard rims have the valve hole on the out side. Why would ELIO would ask for a custom rim with an in side inflate valve ?
You could always have wheels that you can put on backwards; that would put the stem inside.
I think he was concerned about hitting the stem on a curb.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never seen an automotive wheel that could be installed backward successfully. It screws up the offset and the area designed to clear the brake caliper. On many wheels it would put the tapered seat for the lug nuts against the hub.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never seen an automotive wheel that could be installed backward successfully. It screws up the offset and the area designed to clear the brake caliper. On many wheels it would put the tapered seat for the lug nuts against the hub.
It could happen :p

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Look at the wheel covers. How are you going to check pressure or add air if you have the optional tpms, without removing them? If the valve is on the inside it should be accessible. I don't know it it would clear the caliper.
The rear wheel is going to be a pain neither way. I'm probably going with the tpms anyway. I have it on my smart and it has saved me more times than I thought it would.

Last edited:
Top Bottom