• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Do You Think The Elio Will Hit The Streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I choose February 2nd, 2015 Ground Hog's Day. That will be a great day for this puppy to hit the streets of NE Ohio.
And it's my favorite holiday.

Attachments

• Em's little lady with cards.jpg
    Em's little lady with cards.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 287

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These folks have an awful lot to accomplish and not much time to do it in. Instead of blasting full force into mass production right off the bat, why not ease into making a small run plant set up where say 20--25 units per day can be built and gradually work up to the larger numbers ( this would make time to prove the market is right) without such a big financial gamble? RB

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paying the lease on 1,000,000+ sqft certainly isn't going to be cheap. They need to get the plant set up for high volume production fairly quickly to create large capital flow. If the final selling price is close to the quoted $6800, there isn't going to be much margin; i.e. they're gonna have to sell a ...boatload of cars to generate a large amount of profit capital. At a rate of 20-25upd it would take over a year (5-day work week) to fulfill just the ~7500 reservations shown on the website. The ~7500 is just the tip of the iceberg, and the iceberg will grow exponentially faster as more people hear about Elio, and as they draw closer to the official release date.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget the work force as they will be hiring like crazy to work on those cars! We all know that P4 is not the final design...it's a teaser as additional finesse touches are being worked out. They're still testing the "turbo" version of the engine before they announce the increased horses! I wish.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are probably correct but prudence would dictate a graduated lease where leased square feet is indexed to production set up and market acceptance, don"t you think. It could take a couple years to really need a million sq. ft. ! RB

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The answer to this one is simple: "As soon as it can". The complexity of a project of this size requires a certain amount of time associated with multiple engineering, scheduling and finally cost considerations. To skip a step could be fatal to the company. We will all get our toys when we get them. Until then we can have our plans, dreams and imagination to fed our minds. We will get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom