• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Do You Think The Elio Will Hit The Streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
EM has been invited to the NY Auto Show twice, and the LA Auto Show twice.
Will there come a day when these auto shows stop inviting EM because production never happens?
That would be slightly embarrassing for EM.
Guess what; everything in life is subject to change.
This is one of those times.

You have no reason to believe that those shows will stop inviting. So you can keep that one close to your personal ideas; we really don't need to hear your negativity here. If you want to continue posting negative points, well then, perhaps you need to go and join the others that like to condemn Elio Motors.

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My money is on 2017 for my driveway, but if for whatever reason it doesn't get here before 2018 that's fine. This is one hell of a Big undertaking so it's OK to be patient! There's a hack of allot of folks that have been waiting alot longer than me! !

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guess what; everything in live is subject to change.
This is one of those times.

You have no reason to believe that those shows will stop inviting. So you can keep that one close to your personal ideas; we really don't need to hear your negativity here. If you want to continue posting negative points, well then, perhaps you need to go and join the others that like to condemn Elio Motors.

I do not condemn EM. I say these things more out of sympathy for them. They have the most creative and innovative ideal in automotive to come along in a very long time, both in terms of vehicle design and distribution. This is the greatest idea since the model-T and VW. It would be a shame for this concept to die. I don’t know if the problem is they cannot get money, or cannot get money on their terms. Are the people of this company greedy and don’t want to sell shares to make progress happen more quickly? There are a lot of people with money who are car enthusiast and I find it difficult to believe they are not offering money to EM.

Looking at facts that are discouraging and pointing them out is not being negative. I would like to remind others I am All-In for 2 vehicles at $1,000 each. My SILs (Spot In Line) are 7,761 and 16,070. Talk is cheap. I have put my money on the line.

At some point these auto shows will stop inviting EM. That would be embarrassing for EM and it would not look good for gathering investor money.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
At some point these auto shows will stop inviting EM. That would be embarrassing for EM and it would not look good for gathering investor money.

if/when that should happen, it would most certainly be a valid topic for discussion .... "what if'n" through deliberately throwing out negative comments about what might happen is a very different matter .... over time we've had a good number of people join who claimed to have one or more registrations and who thrived on creating arguments .... the reality is, EM will get into production or they won't .... almost all of us hope they will and on this forum want to make the journey between now and then to be a positive one

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not condemn EM. I say these things more out of sympathy for them. They have the most creative and innovative ideal in automotive to come along in a very long time, both in terms of vehicle design and distribution. This is the greatest idea since the model-T and VW. It would be a shame for this concept to die. I don’t know if the problem is they cannot get money, or cannot get money on their terms. Are the people of this company greedy and don’t want to sell shares to make progress happen more quickly? There are a lot of people with money who are car enthusiast and I find it difficult to believe they are not offering money to EM.
Looking at facts that are discouraging and pointing them out is not being negative. I would like to remind others I am All-In for 2 vehicles at $1,000 each. My SILs (Spot In Line) are 7,761 and 16,070. Talk is cheap. I have put my money on the line.
EM does not need your sympathy, and we definitely don't need you hear you saying it here.
You make a number of negative comments time and time again; when you get called out for it; you flip flop and change your wording to say that it's not negative, it's positive, get on your soapbox about how much you support them, and how you've got 2 All In's just to CYA and this is a continuing pattern with you. And to be honest, I'm really getting tired of hearing you play both sides.

Start saying what you mean the first time instead of plugging the meter

BS Meter.png

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM does not need your sympathy, and we definitely don't need you hear you saying it here.
You make a number of negative comments time and time again; when you get called out for it; you flip flop and change your wording to say that it's not negative, it's positive, get on your soapbox about how much you support them, and how you've got 2 All In's just to CYA and this is a continuing pattern with you. And to be honest, I'm really getting tired of hearing you play both sides.

View attachment 11596
I believe there is a phrase; "damned if you do; damned if you don't".

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't get why pistonboy is getting blasted.

1st thing he said: Don't expect it for 2017. Based on the past record, this isn't a stretch at all. I agree with him.

2nd thing he said: If they keep at this snail pace, some shows may not have them in the future. That isn't a stretch at all.

Instead of being mad at Pistonboy, you should be mad at EM. He is being honest. He is calling a spade a spade. Not everything is all roses.

Im saying late 2018 at the earliest. They still have no progress until they get major funding. That is the foundation and they are still working on it.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope when all this is over in a few years, however it turns out, a book (containing insider information) will be written about the story of Elio Motors.

I would certainly read it. I suspect t a lot of people in both the car industry and business industry would also want to read it.

DigitalDan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 11596

Thanks for confirming for me that I do not want any part of this forum any longer. Enjoy your positive delays and 4 wheel commuter vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom