• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With 10 being the point you thought this car was a go, when you first became interested, what is your number now, and most importantly, how many days has it been since you jumped in?

My # is 7 and the days are 17

So you can say my assurance the car will be built has dropped 3 points in 17 days.
Been about 70 days or so now since I jumped. After the last info. Looks like it is on time and near the price he wants to sell it at.
I am still at a 10: It will be made and probably complete by September 2015.
MK

Dallas

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Count me a solid 10. The Elio will be a fact. The reason I'm so sure it will be built is the real need for the car. Fuel prices are not going down ever. So what does a person do? Either pony up hard earned money to fuel a outrageously over priced car that gets half if one is lucky or get a car that both is inexpensive and gets you three times as far??? I think even the dimmest bulbs can figure that equation out. This idea will be a game changer for many many families. I believe in Elio. A new way of thinking,a new way to drive. Let's rally aroumd this game charger. Only wish I could buy stock in it. It will be the next apple.
Dallas

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
no worries...my smart is not supposed to tow anything. Hidden hitch makes a hitch for it and I tow with it all the time. I am more concerned with the ODB II questions.

While we unfortunately did not receive a definitive answer the Town Hall Meeting with Paul Elio was very positive on this point. As of right now the chances are very good the Elio will be getting some level of OBD II support.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The EM rep in Columbus said the block and the head are finished, if this helps.
Looks like the "EM rep in Columbus" was WRONG, these parts have been 'cast', but NOT MACHINED or 'Flame Sprayed'..... according to Paul Elio..... at yesterday's Town Hall meeting!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
no worries...my smart is not supposed to tow anything. Hidden hitch makes a hitch for it and I tow with it all the time. I am more concerned with the ODB II questions.
Curious as to why the Smart is not suppose to tow. I realize the Smart "can" tow, but are their safety concerns and liability issues when doing so against the manufacturers recommendations?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Curious as to why the Smart is not suppose to tow. I realize the Smart "can" tow, but are their safety concerns and liability issues when doing so against the manufacturers recommendations?

My opinion...Even tho the "vehicle" might be capable, the "driver" might NOT be capable or competent. I think "Smart" is just removing themselves from any liability, because...that's just "smart." :D

Top Bottom