• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Otis

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My order placed on Feb. 12. I agree with Altoidbox on this one (a 10 when I went all in and a 12 now). I was excited when I first saw the vehicle on line. I went all in because I was so excited. Then I got to see P4 in Daytona and that really boosted my confidence that the vehicle will be produced. Seeing it was awesome, and seeing the folks around it being just as excited as me made me feel that much more confident.

The Tesla was mentioned in an earlier post to this thread and to me......those delays are due to the technology of the vehicle and trying to make it work (over 6000 laptop batteries...WOW). Electric vehicles pose an entirely different category of problems. The fact that Elio is almost opposite of Tesla (meaning made simple, basic, no crazy technologies, PRICE, etc), I think it makes my confidence stay high that this will be produced. I don't know this for sure, but I would think that there may be more pre-orders for Elio by the time productions starts also due to the low cost of the vehicle.
I'm going to stay positive about this endeavour and like I told my co-workers.......even IF the Elio is not produced, I will be the only one in my shop with a $1000 T-shirt and that alone is worth the story!
But let me again stress...........I believe this thing is going to happen!!!

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If my original thought for likelyhood of actual production was a 10 initially, then I am now hovering at 13. Yes, I am now more confident as I continue to watch the progress made in this endeavour. I am all in at $1,000.00 That was approximately 320 days ago.
I feel if Elio can get these vehicles manufactured they will sell many of them.. Europe and Canada would probably be a big market as well.. Have the feeling the demand could be higher than the USA once the USA demand levels off.. The low cost and modern lines should attract many younger customers and after market should really make Elio blossom.. This will be an exciting time!

Ray

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If my original thought for likelyhood of actual production was a 10 initially, then I am now hovering at 13. Yes, I am now more confident as I continue to watch the progress made in this endeavour. I am all in at $1,000.00 That was approximately 320 days ago.
'Gotta keep the faith! It's going to happen as more and more people are exposed to this unique reverse trike! It'll be one heck of a ride to take thi baby home from the factory.:D

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel if Elio can get these vehicles manufactured they will sell many of them.. Europe and Canada would probably be a big market as well.. Have the feeling the demand could be higher than the USA once the USA demand levels off.. The low cost and modern lines should attract many younger customers and after market should really make Elio blossom.. This will be an exciting time!

Ray
+1

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm tell you all that when the first production vehicles hit the streets with all of us as spoke people this company is going to explode with orders. I'm so looking forward to driving my Elio around town. Stopping at the local grocery store, hardware store and restaurants and being questioned by total strangers.

At this time, the company has over 12,000 sales people already to go. That number could exceed 30,000 before the first vehicle rolls off the production floor.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this time, the company has over 12,000 sales people already to go. That number could exceed 30,000 before the first vehicle rolls off the production floor.

Not necessarily. How many deposits are all in and how many are want in? Look at the people complain about the fenders, etc. What if those people don't like the final product, decide against buying it. What if technology comes out before Elio comes to market, that would significantly increase mpg. Would people still buy an Elio if they can buy a $15k economy car that seats 4 and gets comparable mpg (they can charge passengers to carpool with them)? After the Elio road show went to California, I expected a huge amount (10K from California alone) of deposits. Didn't happen. 12k deposits of a projected 1st year production of 68k isn't that great. Tesla was much farther ahead at this point.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After the Elio road show went to California, I expected a huge amount (10K from California alone) of deposits.

Why do you say that? Based on what I've seen in videos and such, it's not like people are lining up around the block to see it. They're reasonably small affairs. Bike Week made a lot of sense, but just showing up in some hotel's parking lot doesn't really get the first person exposure for the masses that I'd think you'd need to generate those kinds of numbers.

Top Bottom