• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The hotel tour is just where they stop along the way to get a little more exposure between bigger events as they have to trailer the vehicle and stop at hotels along the way anyway. I also think they know they are at least a year away from mass availability so they are taking advantage of these low key events to build up a network of people who are interested enough to put in a reservation and tell everyone they know about this product. Their whole marketing strategy right now is to expose as many people as possible without spending a lot of money.
Next year is when this tour pays off. I am sure a large marketing campaign will begin about the time Elio starts delivering these nifty little cars to those of us willing to reserve them ahead of time. That means that at the same time as they start spending big money on advertising people will actually start seeing these cars running around and a bunch of people will also remember either seeing one of having it mentioned to them.
It is always easier to sell products people are either seeing or have heard about and thats what this year is all about as they get ready for production next year.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why do you say that? Based on what I've seen in videos and such, it's not like people are lining up around the block to see it. They're reasonably small affairs. Bike Week made a lot of sense, but just showing up in some hotel's parking lot doesn't really get the first person exposure for the masses that I'd think you'd need to generate those kinds of numbers.

Because of California's trend setting ways/early adopters. Tesla (August 2013) year to date outsold Porsche, Jaguar, Land Rover (established brands). So those of us downmarket, that would still want to make a statement, while saving $, would buy an Elio (reserve). The fact you can drive an Elio in carpool lane(true or not?). California most registered motorcycles of any state. The Prius is the most popular vehicle line in California. So mpg matters to them. Typically has the highest gas prices in the continental US..There were quite a few Elio stops in California vs other states. California logs more driving than any other state. All reasons to me why Elio should be popular in California, and why I believe there should have been a big California bump after Elio visited.

99,585 likes on FB, 13,003 people talking about it, resulting in 12,340 reservations. How many visits to Elio FB page? (does it count? No FB account for me).

Last edited:

ImElioEstevez

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Lots of speculation with a poor attempt to compare it to a start up company from over thirty five years ago. Elio was started by an engineer that has a clear vision and tremendous support from industry executives, politicians, fellow engineers, suppliers and consumers. The Dale was also an engineers vision, but that's where the similarities stop; oh, and it had three wheels. It was other wised dismissed by anyone associated with the transportation industry and had no support from suppliers. A woman (even that is debatable) was the charismatic face of the company. She also had a past with prior criminal experience. Not present here either. Nice try, but a bit of a stretch. I am a pessimist and look for every reason something could fail and there are many with Elio. Most of which have no resemblance to Dale. Paul Elio is not trying to extort money from investors or consumers. I am "all in" at $100, once production is more likely I will drop the other $900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about going for the $1000 refundable, maybe even today, I'm still just trying to find out what the refund process is. I'll let them hold my money until July next year, if it's still not out, then I will pull and buy a something else. If it ever does come out after that then I will wait and see what kind of problems, if any, people have for the first few months and make another decsion.

ImElioEstevez

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think the real problem is that we live in a world where we expect instant results and the Elio machine is moving slower than our thoughts can comprehend. June is when we will probably get more of the info that you want. Investors demand results! My speculation is that there are multiple large investors waiting to see if the Elio team meets their stated "must haves". The only way they can prove it is to have the actual real prototype to test, so we must wait for the real engine and drivetrain. Then they can produce a near complete prototype (P5). Once that is done then we will be waiting again because the testing takes time. They have to test and verify mileage and test and verify crash test outcomes. And..........if the results are not satisfactory, then there will be more tweaks and changes to get them closer (possible P6) and more waiting. All of the funding is contingent on results. No results, no funding. The investors are also cautious, like many of us. The thing that I like about Elio as a company is that they seem to give information once they feel that they can deliver on that promise. No false hope, just facts to the best of there knowledge. Odd it sounds like this company was founded by someone who thinks like an engineer.

Sorry I had to quote this whole thing, I just wanted to say I love your signature at the bottom of your posts.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going for the $1000 refundable, maybe even today, I'm still just trying to find out what the refund process is. I'll let them hold my money until July next year, if it's still not out, then I will pull and buy a something else. If it ever does come out after that then I will wait and see what kind of problems, if any, people have for the first few months and make another decsion.

Hello, did you make that jump yet?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Received my T-shirt and bumper sticker today! Now to get the new car.. :cool:

Ray

Congrats!

I am still waiting for mine as apparently the post office decided to return it to the sender. Good news is that Elio actually called me to confirm my address, the address they had was correct, so they are going to send it again.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not jumped in although I've been right on the edge numerous times. I just keep reading stuff that makes me wonder...

chance of actual production 4/10
chance of another time delay 9/10
chance of yet another t-shirt promotion 10/10

chances anyone on this site will actually own an Elio in 2015...maybe we should call Vegas to find out the odds.

DID I WIN? - This is off the FB page. Is this another t-shirt promotion from Elio?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom