• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Will You Go First With Your New Elio?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How many friends can you bring along? I can eat about 3 oz. every two hours. Obviously I would not qualify. LOL :) Z
Z, I have been on a diet for about 2 1/2 months now and my stomach has shrunk so much that I wouldn't be able to handle more than 4oz myself. Just another one of those things on the bucket list, I'll never get to!

RadRich

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Is anyone planning a long road trip when they get their Elio? I may attempt a cross country trip to visit some dear friends in California. I am also considering purchasing an enclosed trailer to tote my Elio behind my motorhome. This way I will always have a garage for my baby. The idea here to purchase a trailer just wide enough to drive the Elio and secure her for transport. This trailer would also serve as a mobile solar generator to keep my batteries charged on the motorhome while boon docking. When I get to where I am going I can put down the stabilizers on the trailer, drop the ramp and off I go in and around the local area. Yep, I sure am looking forward to getting my Elio. She will be my last "new" vehicle. Retired now and living on a fixed income so things are tight. The Elio will give me back some spending power just through its' outstanding frugal features. 84 MPG and $6,800.00 - It's a no brainer.

Hope you don't get a flat.

Me. Straight to work. It'll be great to get the gas mileage and to use the express lane (aka carpool lane).

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you go through Amarillo they have the 72oz steak challenge. If you eat the whole thing, with baked potato and salad in under one hour, you get it free and your name on the wall.

I have heard of it I couldn't do it i did eat a 42oz one once. If anything i should work on dropping some lbs to help the fuel economy.

My favorite steak joke

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first trip will be to my home. I'm hoping to pick up my Elio at the factory and drive it to my home in Maryland. I expect it will be a great road trip. I plan on going through Deal's Gap and baptize the Elio on the tail of the dragon.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, I have been on a diet for about 2 1/2 months now and my stomach has shrunk so much that I wouldn't be able to handle more than 4oz myself. Just another one of those things on the bucket list, I'll never get to!
Congratulations on your loss (wow! does that sound strange). I have lost 158 pounds over the last 5 years so have lost almost half of myself. Amazing what a goal and some determination can do for us. It can also help all of us in getting our Elios. I set my goal of getting an Elio and all of a sudden my money spending habits changed. I went from having no savings to being able to save something toward my Elio every month. I am loving it and can already see that Elio in my carport at my apartment. :-) Z

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on your loss (wow! does that sound strange). I have lost 158 pounds over the last 5 years so have lost almost half of myself. Amazing what a goal and some determination can do for us. It can also help all of us in getting our Elios. I set my goal of getting an Elio and all of a sudden my money spending habits changed. I went from having no savings to being able to save something toward my Elio every month. I am loving it and can already see that Elio in my carport at my apartment. :) Z
Zelio, congrats to you as well! I have lost 20lbs so far and have 4lbs to go to get into normal BMI range, where my Doc wants me. I would like to lose 15 more after that and get back down to Where I was 30 years ago. If I reach that goal, I will have dropped 68 total in last 5 years. Hardest part is getting back into exercising. After 4 years in the Army and exercising every day, when I got out I said, "I will never exercise again!" LOL....Never say Never!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio, congrats to you as well! I have lost 20lbs so far and have 4lbs to go to get into normal BMI range, where my Doc wants me. I would like to lose 15 more after that and get back down to Where I was 30 years ago. If I reach that goal, I will have dropped 68 total in last 5 years. Hardest part is getting back into exercising. After 4 years in the Army and exercising every day, when I got out I said, "I will never exercise again!" LOL....Never say Never!
The trick with exercise, is to find one you love. I very simply love to swim and to be in the water. That makes going to the pool a gift rather than a burden. I consider my 3 trips to the pool each week, my "I love you" gifts to myself. That makes missing very difficult even if I don't feel like driving there. The Elio will help with the later issue. :p:rolleyes::) Z

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well , lets see!!!!!!!! If I pick up "My" Elio at the factory, I would like to meet up with the famous "Route 66" and take it to the west coast ,then home to Denver past the Grand Canyon , then on to a place called the Royal Gorge here in Colorado and drive across their brand new bridge they built after a fire devastation . BUT! if I don't pick it up at the factory, I would then drive to the Shreveport factory by the way of New Orleans and take a tour of the plant if it is allowed(which is on my suggestion list to EM)and then back through Oklahoma to visit the memorial in Oklahoma city memorial , then back to Denver.:rolleyes::D

Top Bottom