• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Will You Go First With Your New Elio?

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Myself and Cardinal 72 are planning on flying to the factory, picking up our new cars and heading 800 miles to Deals Gap, Robbinsville, N.C. and taking on the Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles).

Welcome L and congrats on your reservations. The pessimist in me says don't worry, the weather will be warm by the time you get your Elio. The optimist in me says that's great because the Tail is always pretty in the Summer. :D

Meanwhile, here's a story that was just published about the King of the Dragon for your reading pleasure:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/ferrari-458-speciale-dragon

The King drives a Wankel. :cool:

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome L and congrats on your reservations. The pessimist in me says don't worry, the weather will be warm by the time you get your Elio. The optimist in me says that's great because the Tail is always pretty in the Summer. :D

Meanwhile, here's a story that was just published about the King of the Dragon for your reading pleasure:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/ferrari-458-speciale-dragon

The King drives a Wankel. :cool:

Ferrari's are fun if you have wealth.
The king drives a Wankel eh. I bought a new Mazda RX-2(Wankel) in 1973. Fun car, not great on fuel, consumed oil for lubrication, take it to 10,000 rpm in neutral and hold it (not a problem with Wankel twin rotor). Yes they replaced the motor under warranty when they discovered the seals will wear. Then down the road I took a new Mazda RX-7 (Wankel) on a road test from the dealership, spun it out (fun-no damage) and purchased it. Body style much improved but they went to, too tall rear gearing and that slowed acceleration top end. NOW FOR THE NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE <> ELIO<> 84MPG<> $6,800.00<> What a dream come true 84 MPG............... Hoorah!
Terrence :)

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Myself and Cardinal 72 are planning on flying to the factory, picking up our new cars and heading 800 miles to Deals Gap, Robbinsville, N.C. and taking on the Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles). We've done it several time on our motorcycle, but are looking for a new adventures. After that heading home to South East Florida. Approximately a 1500 miles break in road trip. Our only concern is being we are in the low 6000 manufacture number, is weather. Its hard enough doing the dragon in the summer let alone on snow.

So what's your plans?
hadn't thought of it yet, so thx for giving me something to ponder and if I come up with a cool plan, I'll post it

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Myself and Cardinal 72 are planning on flying to the factory, picking up our new cars and heading 800 miles to Deals Gap, Robbinsville, N.C. and taking on the Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles). We've done it several time on our motorcycle, but are looking for a new adventures. After that heading home to South East Florida. Approximately a 1500 miles break in road trip. Our only concern is being we are in the low 6000 manufacture number, is weather. Its hard enough doing the dragon in the summer let alone on snow.

So what's your plans?
I'm returning from the Wings over Georgia by a rather roundabout route - which includes Tail of the Dragon and the Blue Ridge Parkway from its southern end through Asheville NC.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Ozarks, also referred to as the Ozark Mountains, Ozarks Mountain Country, and the Ozark Plateau, are a physiographic and geologic highland region of the central United States. It covers much of the southern half of Missouri and an extensive portion of northwestern and north central Arkansas. The region also extends westward into northeastern Oklahoma and extreme southeastern Kansas. The Shawnee Hills of southwest Illinois, which lie near the eastern edge of this region, are commonly called the "Illinois Ozarks" but are generally not considered part of the true Ozarks. Took this ride many years ago on my Harley and boy what views!

This will also be where I am heading first, because it is home. I live in Springfield, my first trip will be heading to see family back in Connecticut. I grew up there and have not been back in a few years. That should be just about 2 tanks of gas with enough left over to drive around when I am there.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Im going to home aswell but will explore LA and TX on the way. I thought about going to Disney world then going home aswell. Ill easily rack up 3,000 miles if i do that.

I would like to eat a big steak in TX
If you go through Amarillo they have the 72oz steak challenge. If you eat the whole thing, with baked potato and salad in under one hour, you get it free and your name on the wall.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, NSTR8R! I happen to have excellent cholesterol numbers, but this meal would put me in the danger zone for several months because it would take that long to digest it. But if you want a great Texas steak, this one has been highly rated.
How many friends can you bring along? I can eat about 3 oz. every two hours. Obviously I would not qualify. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom