• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Will You Go First With Your New Elio?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Myself and Cardinal 72 are planning on flying to the factory, picking up our new cars and heading 800 miles to Deals Gap, Robbinsville, N.C. and taking on the Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles). We've done it several time on our motorcycle, but are looking for a new adventures. After that heading home to South East Florida. Approximately a 1500 miles break in road trip. Our only concern is being we are in the low 6000 manufacture number, is weather. Its hard enough doing the dragon in the summer let alone on snow.

So what's your plans?
L, welcome to the forum and it sounds like you have great plans for breaking in your Elio. Thanks for the information on the "Tail of the Dragon", sounds like a trip most of us would enjoy.

Last edited:

Elio1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first trip may be to the EZ-tag store so I can take a few 'suck it Elio bashers and haters' laps around the Sam Houston Parkway (Houston Toll Road).
I really like your avatar. Where did you get that pic? I want one in red or green. Better yet, make one in every color. ;)
If you could send me a link, that would be really helpful.

Last edited:

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I really like your avatar. Where did you get that pic? I want one in red or green. Better yet, make one in every color. ;)
If you could send me a link, that would be really helpful.

I created it with Inkscape--a Scalable Vector Grafics(SVG) editor. I Also used GIMP to get windshield and headlights from a picture of the P4--and a different picture for the tire.

For the main body, I used a picture of the P4 as an underlay, and just traced over it with basic lines/shapes. It has layers, such that if you want to change the color, it is just a matter of updating 3--or so--main shapes. The light/dark areas are white and black overlays with different opacities, so the shading is retained when the color is changed.

I can send you the file later on if you want it. I have just started playing with SVG editors, so still learning tricks.

Last edited:

Elio1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I created it with Inkscape--a Scalable Vector Grafics(SVG) editor. I Also used GIMP to get windshield and headlights from a picture of the P4--and a different picture for the tire.

For the main body, I used a picture of the P4 as an underlay, and just traced over it with basic lines/shapes. It has layers, such that if you want to change the color, it is just a matter of updating 3--or so--main shapes. The light/dark areas are white and black overlays with different opacities, so the shading is retained when the color is changed.

I can send you the file later on if you want it. I have just started playing with SVG editors, so still leading tricks.
I really appreciate the amount of time & hard work you spent on this, but I think just sending over a copy of a pic would be enough for me. lol
Could you make one in red or green, with a glassroof? I'm trying to get an idea of what my customized Elio would look like. Love the open fenders by the way with the white sidewalls. Thanks.

Top Bottom