• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where's Paul?

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would love to know why all you guys are saying Paul is out looking for financing. Did I miss something? What do you know the rest of us missed?

What else can he do when there is no money to do anything else? He will be seeking money if he has to ride a bicycle to the source. INMHO:rolleyes:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's several things that comes to mind where he is and what he could be doing:
1) Still out working in an almost futile attempt to find funding,
2) In an undisclosed location working on his memoir- a tell-all book of how it all started and ended,
3) At his office working on how and when to decently announce the bail-out,
4) In an undisclosed location working on how to start another dream transportation that could revolu......under assumed name. (Dale is taken). This last one was added as a joke! :D
In all seriousness, while the ELIO hype was at it's peak and partnership with the world's leading automotive engineering and component suppliers are adding up, they saw something worth staking their name and reputation to it. They're all thinking, "hey this guy just might pull it off, why not" as I would assume all the 65K reservation holders was thinking the same at the time. But as the limited amount of funds quickly spent on developing this "no new technology" ELIO, and the pressure of creating it with such a high standard of safety and quality, I could only assume from my point of view only, EM and their partners COULD have come to realize this ELIO just can't be produced and sold for that unheard of price. Would it have made a difference if the reservations went as high as 400K??? I would say yes. Would it have made a difference had EM showed the world at least one prototype w/ it's new engine running down the track LIVE and reporting 70mpg or better and 70 mph or better result. I think it would. The hype would have continued and so are the reservations. Or did EM tried it and failed miserably and the results kept secret? Hey, we're all assuming here so what's yours? ;)

Top Bottom