• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where's Paul?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still think the guy can still pull it off and my granddaughters will stop thinking I'm nuts.
I think other well established automakers that won't need funding from other sources could and should pull it off. I would really love to see a SONDOR'S 3 cylinder gas engine iteration because of it's beautiful and wider stance and could still offer higher mileage. But this is about the ELIO so...

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The politicians who had a chat with him under NDA are not calling for the torches and pitch forks.
To me that indicates he made a convincing case that he has a chance to get the funding going.
I expect they are working non stop jumping through hoops for the big money people.
Would be nice if we they would tell us what's going, but besides the SEC thing they
could also be under NDA from the money people they are in talks with.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wealthy people with big bucks to invest, usually have their money in investments which must be sold to come up with the investment money. Hopefully this is what is happening. People with big bucks are selling assets to come up with the money to give to EM and this takes time.

I have no reason to believe this is the situation, but I am hoping it is.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps Paul is actively dating Laurene Powell Jobs and wants to make it work on his own before ultimately having to ask for an allowance.

Edit:
Just seen a recent news article of her with her boyfriend on a holiday trip in Croatia. And sadly her BF isn't Paul. :( O well, that blows that theory.

Last edited:

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think other well established automakers that won't need funding from other sources could and should pull it off. I would really love to see a SONDOR'S 3 cylinder gas engine iteration because of it's beautiful and wider stance and could still offer higher mileage. But this is about the ELIO so...

Storm's an eclectic guy er I mean electric guy, I don't foresee a gas powered anything in his products futures, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. In any event, Elio helped pave the way for other autocycles with their lobbying for no helmets and no motorcycles licenses being required, so it wasn't a total loss.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Storm's an eclectic guy er I mean electric guy, I don't foresee a gas powered anything in his products futures, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. In any event, Elio helped pave the way for other autocycles with their lobbying for no helmets and no motorcycles licenses being required, so it wasn't a total loss.

Well, they made an Elio-shaped hole in the law at least. If some other guy gets to benefit from it, it will be more of a coincidence than intention. Some people are ok with a lack of altruism from corporations, but I think it should be expected and rewarded. If you make something better for everyone, then that really shows where your heart is at.

Top Bottom