• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where's Paul?

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's too much at stake--- you know: non disclosures, secret meetings with potential investors

You're right about those things Watashiwah, but I feel like what he says is less important than just getting in front of his customers and projecting some confidence. Then we'd know if he's playing golf like BaldGuy theorized, just experienced a life threatening stroke, working on his resume, mopping floors in the Shreveport plant to stay busy, or working hard day and night to make sure that each and every reservation holder is able to purchase their own customized Elio. I've been a strong supporter of Elio since I sat in one at a tour stop and fell in love with the car, but the CEO vanishing act is troubling.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that he is in panic mode. If Nasdaq falls through, I think that Lichter will call in his loans. I believe that this will be good for the company. Lichter could restructure it without a lot of the debt, and be able to sell control for a lot of money. I think that if Paul Elio gets the 100 million it will not acomplish anything, just restructure the debt.

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that he is in panic mode. If Nasdaq falls through, I think that Lichter will call in his loans. I believe that this will be good for the company. Lichter could restructure it without a lot of the debt, and be able to sell control for a lot of money. I think that if Paul Elio gets the 100 million it will not acomplish anything, just restructure the debt.
seems like a lot of effort to "just restructure the debt"

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
seems like a lot of effort to "just restructure the debt"
Could easily cut debt in half, and sell 80% of the company (or whatever Paul owns). All he has to do is make shares worthless. Paul Elio owns shares and debt nothing else. Lichter has the building lease, machinery debt and can get the name easily enough.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors fits in a thumb drive, I do not say that with disrespect or ill will, but it is a fact. A thumbdrive, 5 unfinished and untested prototypes (4 obsolete, by definition), a trailer, maybe two to three leaseholds (one in serious arrears), and a mountain of debt. Admit that even if there was intellectual property, such as patents (incl. design), there is nothing owned or assigned to keep anyone else from building an almost identical vehicle. What can Paul and Stu leverage or offer? If I were Paul or Stu, I'd be primarily interested in keeping the stock above the 6 dollar threshold my loans, chargebacks, incentives, payouts, and engineering charges were mostly based on and I'd be particularly interested in selling a new round of stock hoping that things will turn around long enough for my 25, or 27, or how many other millions to cash out eventually. Of course there might be real production of a vehicle, too, which would be a best case scenario, but not the only beneficial scenario. We are all obviously hoping for production, but don't fool yourselves into thinking both a new 100 million dollar injection AND cars on the road are the only win-win situation for Paul and Stu.
They can make a lot of money and never put a vehicle on the road, legally and ethically.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You nailed it. To keep it on the same page... Here's a new one.

waldo.jpg
Betty boop
Rocket man
Charlie Chaplin
Jessica Drake
James Dean

Top Bottom