• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

White House Comment Line

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First, BIG props to Bamdalam for making us aware the White House communication site (well....The ph# he posted led me to the site to make sure it wasn't BS )

Threw in my two cents -

Dear President Trump,

You and your administration have a lot on your plate, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I would like to bring to your attention an innovative new start-up company named Elio Motors. In a nutshell Elio Motors is attempting to bring an American made (90%, with the production plant located in Shreveport, LA), affordable ($7300 base price), unique (3-wheeled), safe (air-bagged and crash tested), vehicle with astounding mpg goals (49mpg city/84mpg hwy) to the American public. They currently have nearly 65k Americans that have invested their hard-earned money to make this become a reality, and are awaiting the approval of an ATVM loan (EM's plan 'A') to begin full production. Below is a quote from Elio Motors website that sold me on their dream which seems to be in perfect alignment with your administration's goals :

“We are building the Elio by targeting utilization of 90 percent North American content. That creates jobs and strengthens our manufacturing base. Why is that important?

The auto industry is one of the most important industries in the United States. It contributes 3 – 3.5 percent to the overall Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and employs more than 1.7 million people.

Approximately 4.5 percent of all U.S. jobs are supported by the auto industry and people in these jobs collectively earn over $500 billion annually.
But, manufacturing jobs have been disappearing for two decades. Nearly 16.8 million people were employed in manufacturing in 1993. By 2013, that number had dipped to below 12 million. Much of this decline has come in the auto industry.

That’s why it’s so important to build the Elio targeting utilization of 90 percent North American content. We will create 1,500 direct jobs in Shreveport and 1,500 at our supplier partner companies. These will create 18,000 spin off jobs across the country. It is estimated that upwards of 1,500 will be directly employed at Shreveport facility plus an additional 1500 from the supply base, Elio Motors corporate, sales and service once full production is underway, plus approximately 18,000 indirect jobs nationwide are projected to be created or sustained.”

Please consider assisting them in their, and our, efforts in making this a reality with the fast-tracking of their ATVM loan process.

Sincerely,

Kevin Jung

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dang!! Just realized I forgot to hyperlink EM's website on the WH letter!! :frusty:
No worries. We are sending several emails in, so far in a short period of time. I think we should send follow up emails every 2-4 weeks. Keep a steady flow going to them. I'm afraid if they just get emails and calls for a week or two, it will just get swept under the rug. Remember, this is the government we're talking about. If we don't keep it in front of them over a long period of time I'm afraid they'll just forget about it, if they even notice them at all. Just my opinion, but "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".;)

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You do know that Rex Tillerson....our secretary of state is the former CEO of Exxon Mobil. That isn't good for Elio.

But, like our president and other cabinet members, he has promised to be impartial and in his case overlook what I assume is his millions of dollars in Exxon stock whose value is, in large part, dependent on Americans burning as much gas as prosible in our fuel guzzling cars.

Hootersnoocher

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
No worries. We are sending several emails in, so far in a short period of time. I think we should send follow up emails every 2-4 weeks. Keep a steady flow going to them. I'm afraid if they just get emails and calls for a week or two, it will just get swept under the rug. Remember, this is the government we're talking about. If we don't keep it in front of them over a long period of time I'm afraid they'll just forget about it, if they even notice them at all. Just my opinion, but "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".;)

Squeak, squeak, squeak! (See what I did there, three wheels, three squeaks).

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Very good point on sending in multiple emails over the coming weeks...even months. I may make it a Saturday morning ritual until I'm driving one! :cool:

Top Bottom