• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

White House Comment Line

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good points. I hadn't seen that link before.
But as you said "Now Trump is kind of a wild card since he doesn't seem to be as lock step with politics as a traditional politician". You're correct. He's not.
In my opinion, that is a plus for Elio.
I go back and read VERY OLD posts on this site, and you, a long time ago would post negatives, and what ifs about Elio on this forum, and then go on a Geo Metro forum bragging about stirring the pot on this one.
I think you've since come around to the concept of Elio, but I still take your comments with a grain of salt. No offense intended. ;)

I sure do like to stir the pot. Can't have everyone following all the orders at one time. That is no fun! I also stir the pot there sometimes.

I have always bee interested on the concept on the car itself. I have not and have no reason to come around on the company though. There were several posts that would say something like "they aren't going to hit their deadline" or "what is the next target they will miss". Then people get fired up and fight back. When the target/deadline/goal wasn't hit, nobody would say anything.

You are saying that you take my comments as a grain of salt yet you said "good point" to my last post....Come on buddy!!!!

I just don't try to spin crap to where it all sounds good for EM. Some people here (not all), look at things with Elio green colored glasses. Time to start looking at things honestly and not the way you want it to seem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You aren't the first person here to do that. No biggie. I won't delete it.....I'LL REPOST IT!

IT WAS POSTED BACK IN 2014!!!!! Very little has changed since then. People seem to forget the premise that it was about saving MPGS now. Most people would have been saving tons in gas money since then. ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO!!!!! Nothing wrong with telling people they can save gas and money now, then wait on a company is still in the same spot as they were 3+ years ago. They were waiting for the ATVM loan then and are now.

First off, I really hope I am wrong, but there is no way Elio takes off.
Everyone here says "can't wait to see those MPGs"....So why do you guys and gals wait?

Many people with first generation Insights claim 60 to 70 highway mpgs.

I currently drive a 96 geo metro and fixing a 93 geo metro xfi. For the ones who don't know, the xfi got the best gas mileage and iirc it got 57 highway.

So why put $1000 on a car that may not be built when you could put $1000-$3000 on a nice geo metro?
I have nothing against Geos. Actually, since the Elio's motor was based off the Geo's, only with more modern technology, I look at Geos as the Elio's Grandfather. You Know, the base technology and concept.
Yes, it was posted in 2014, but still posted. I don't understand how you can say "Very little has changed since then". I, like many here don't like all the delays and missed deadlines, but a start up company is no easy feat, and I understand that. Do you plan to send the White House an email in support of Elio, which is why this thread was started? Just curious. :confused:

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh. I did! The GM crowd sound like a bunch of d*cks! You'd think they were driving Beemers [no offense to the BMW drivers!]

Actually a Suzuki crowd. The geo metro is a suzuki swift. The geo prizm is a toyota corolla.

The GMF crowd actually just calls things the way they see it. A bunch of good people over there. You should join over there and have a conversation.

Last edited:

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have nothing against Geos. Actually, since the Elio's motor was based off the Geo's, only with more modern technology, I look at Geos as the Elio's Grandfather. You Know, the base technology and concept.
Yes, it was posted in 2014, but still posted. I don't understand how you can say "Very little has changed since then". I, like many here don't like all the delays and missed deadlines, but a start up company is no easy feat, and I understand that. Do you plan to send the White House an email in support of Elio, which is why this thread was started? Just curious. :confused:

In terms of funding, very very little has changed. The most important thing is funding. I agree that the Elio was based off the metro (mainly the engine in the beginning). The dash was based off it too. Yes this tread was started for that, but you are the one that went to different threads and started posting them here.

I am not going to send an email asking the govt to fund the Elio. I do not like big government. I'm not a fan of them funding many things. I would like to see it succeed based on the private sector.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's MY POINT! Thank you...

We agree on the same thing, but disagree on what it means? lol. He is a millionaire based on his knowledge/skills and Exxon. I doubt he would turn his back on Exxon due to 1 distant family member wanting a car.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You aren't the first person here to do that. No biggie. I won't delete it.....I'LL REPOST IT!

IT WAS POSTED BACK IN 2014!!!!! Very little has changed since then. People seem to forget the premise that it was about saving MPGS now. Most people would have been saving tons in gas money since then. ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO!!!!! Nothing wrong with telling people they can save gas and money now, then wait on a company is still in the same spot as they were 3+ years ago. They were waiting for the ATVM loan then and are now.

First off, I really hope I am wrong, but there is no way Elio takes off.
Everyone here says "can't wait to see those MPGs"....So why do you guys and gals wait?

Many people with first generation Insights claim 60 to 70 highway mpgs.

I currently drive a 96 geo metro and fixing a 93 geo metro xfi. For the ones who don't know, the xfi got the best gas mileage and iirc it got 57 highway.

So why put $1000 on a car that may not be built when you could put $1000-$3000 on a nice geo metro?
To say that nothing has changed is to ignore reality unless the ONLY THING you consider is current availability. But that's OK. Myopics need love too.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We agree on the same thing, but disagree on what it means? lol. He is a millionaire based on his knowledge/skills and Exxon. I doubt he would turn his back on Exxon due to 1 distant family member wanting a car.
Why do you insist that Elio and Exxon would be at odds. I see it as a symbiotic relationship since Elio still uses gasoline (ICE) directly rather than going electric where they sell Natural Gas to produce the "CLEAN" electric energy. While some electricity is produced by non-fossil fuel methods, each and every one of them requires fossil fuels to produce the components used in those methods. In each case, EXXON wins.

Top Bottom