• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

White House Comment Line

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sent my second Wednesday. Still nothing in direct reply to my emails, but it can't hurt to keep sending them in!
EXACTLY!!! Can't hurt, but only help to keep sending them. You work on jets, for a govt. contractor I assume. I've worked on govt. vendor contracts before.
You and I both have at least an idea of how hard it is to get an answer from the govt.
One thing I learned from that is, sometimes you have to keep the subject in front of them to get a response. This email address is public. They are probably getting emails on every subject from A-Z. The question is, are we more passionate about Elio to keep the emails going in, than the A-Z subject crowd? I think we are!;)

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice letter Ty.
1 possible edit. " Think about it - speeding the loan approval for Elio will create a new car company" to
Something like: Think about it - speeding the loan approval for Elio will create a new kind of innovative car company that will fill a need the other American transportation companies do not.

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back on topic. Here's my letter to www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ Feel free to plagiarize. I think I grammared it well. :)

Mr. President,

I'm retired Air Force airman after 24 yrs. and am now an Air Force civilian employee. These are my thoughts and ideas and are not affiliated with or an endorsement by the Air Force.

Ty, I did 4 years in the USAF guarding elephant cages without elephant in Turkey(mostly Army on AF base) and in Japan. Lucky I was not sent to Shemya Alaska. I would have made it a career but they would not cross train me. I should have went into the reserves(SSgt under 4).

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great email Ty! The only thing I see missing is a link to eliomotors.com, and contact email addresses that go direct to Elio. Maybe someone could post here with a simple contact list that we could all copy and paste into our emails to make contact with Elio as simple as possible for that one government/White House employee, or intern that finally, has seen the name "Elio" in their email enough times to bump it up to the next level.
Honestly, it may may take 8-10 "bump ups" before the next higher up takes notice. Does anyone have a list of all Elio websites, and email addresses?:cool:
I DID mean to include one but thought that they may kick letters that have links as spam. So, I did not include it. I figured if someone was smart enough to make a difference, they'd find Eliomotors.com easy enough.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice letter Ty.
1 possible edit. " Think about it - speeding the loan approval for Elio will create a new car company" to
Something like: Think about it - speeding the loan approval for Elio will create a new kind of innovative car company that will fill a need the other American transportation companies do not.
That does scan better but I hit the character limit and already had to do massive edits. Anyone copying my letter better not have more than 9 characters in their name! (they include spaces as characters)

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That does scan better but I hit the character limit and already had to do massive edits. Anyone copying my letter better not have more than 9 characters in their name! (they include spaces as characters)
I did use your letter as the basis for mine to President Trump. (it was well written, no need to reinvent the wheel and I have no pride of authorship) I made a few changes and added some other comments so it would not look like spam. I did run into the limit and had to edit it. Hopefully it will help make a difference in getting the loan approved (or at least a decision on the loan).

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just remember, if the same person keeps sending a letter about the same subject over and over, it will end up being marked as spam. The key is to have a variety of people sending letters about the same subject. Then it doesn't look like the same 10-50 people in the US are just bugging you about something.

I only say this because the same thing happens with customer service at companies and I do know that my old congressman ran into this too. It got to a point then the same 10 people kept writing him over and over about the same issue, it got shuffled to the bottom of the stack because the issue that had 1000 people sending letters, became more of a priority. Trump does want to create American jobs but you still need to please the masses and you don't want it to look like Elio is just a small group that keep repeating themselves.

Where this would really build up traction is if there was a writing campaign from the people in the Shreveport area. They are the ones that need jobs. If they got behind this in a big scale, seeing even 1K people from the Shreveport area who let Trump know that they are ready to work and all that is needed is a push from him to make it happen, I bet it would happen in an instant. Right now, it's just consumers telling Trump that they want this car and what it can do. Add into that, the workers that are ready to do a hard days work for fair wages, then you got something. Trump really needs to hear both sides.

Elio does not have a very good reputation in Shreveport right now and that's to be expected. So, a site like this and the people here should do a writing campaign to places like the Shreveport Chamber of Commerce (I already sent them something but I'm just one person) to see if they can help.

Top Bottom