• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

White House Comment Line

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once upon a time....

Years ago I got into a conversation with a banked (actually he did most of the talking) who had had a few too many at this party. This worthy was "very" successful at his chosen profession and a real S.O.B. to boot. He started talking about how he handled people or companies who applied for loan that he didn't want to grant. He said he almost never said "no" to anyone and the guiding principle he used was "Stall, postpone and delay." If you stall off a company that needs your loan long enough and problem will solve itself. They will simply go bankrupt and you will not look like a bad guy because you turned them down.

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Very interesting, sounds like our loan program. Lots of talk, no answers and then we are left with a solar cell company that was already folded, and then they got the loan - back to screw the employees. Solyndra.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually a Suzuki crowd. The geo metro is a suzuki swift. The geo prizm is a toyota corolla.

The GMF crowd actually just calls things the way they see it. A bunch of good people over there. You should join over there and have a conversation.

Actually, I belong to a Porsche 914 forum, and catch enough h*ll for it being a NARP [Not A Real Porsche] according to the Porsche 911 groups....Even after we [914's] whoop them on the autocross courses.

I shouldn't make judgments based on a single thread...My apologies.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I belong to a Porsche 914 forum, and catch enough h*ll for it being a NARP [Not A Real Porsche] according to the Porsche 911 groups....Even after we [914's] whoop them on the autocross courses.

I shouldn't make judgments based on a single thread...My apologies.

No problems. I'm not losing sleep over it. Those 914s are sooo ugly. lol. I'm not a Porsche guy. I have recently started looking into the cheaper 944 and 924s. Mainly due to price. I really can't remember the difference. My friend said one was a great deal for what you pay for and the other one you shouldn't get. I can't remember. I've been close to snagging one. I think that right now might be the time to stock up on them since you can get them for around $2,000 if you look hard enough. In 10 years or so, they will be harder to find and go up in price.

I was going to post a video of Jeremy Clarkson ranting about Porsche names, but can't find it. "The Porsche 911119, 991199, 919911 turbo...." lol

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No problems. I'm not losing sleep over it. Those 914s are sooo ugly. lol. I'm not a Porsche guy. I have recently started looking into the cheaper 944 and 924s. Mainly due to price. I really can't remember the difference. My friend said one was a great deal for what you pay for and the other one you shouldn't get. I can't remember. I've been close to snagging one. I think that right now might be the time to stock up on them since you can get them for around $2,000 if you look hard enough. In 10 years or so, they will be harder to find and go up in price.

I was going to post a video of Jeremy Clarkson ranting about Porsche names, but can't find it. "The Porsche 911119, 991199, 919911 turbo...." lol

Definitely not everybody's cup of tea, but they are an unparalleled blast to drive! Adult go-kart!

914 red.jpg

Okay! Back to the "White House Comment Line". Nothing back from them yet, so either it went straight into their trash can, or it's been elevated to a higher authority [dreamer!! :rolleyes:].

Last edited:

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sure do like to stir the pot. Can't have everyone following all the orders at one time. That is no fun! I also stir the pot there sometimes.

I have always bee interested on the concept on the car itself. I have not and have no reason to come around on the company though. There were several posts that would say something like "they aren't going to hit their deadline" or "what is the next target they will miss". Then people get fired up and fight back. When the target/deadline/goal wasn't hit, nobody would say anything.

You are saying that you take my comments as a grain of salt yet you said "good point" to my last post....Come on buddy!!!!

I just don't try to spin crap to where it all sounds good for EM. Some people here (not all), look at things with Elio green colored glasses. Time to start looking at things honestly and not the way you want it to seem.
Please don't get me wrong Horn. You do make good points with your posts. Maybe, if Elio does become a reality, some of the GMF members will be buying Elio crate motors and needed electronics to shoe horn it into their beloved Geos.
You had asked why not buy a nice Geo 1K-3K. My answer is I suck as a mechanic wannabe, and keeping any 90s car going just doesn't work for me. I'd end up owing mechanics more than the car would be worth.
Questioning the negatives of Elio is a legit post. Bragging about it on another forum is what rubbed me the wrong way. So, are we good?;)

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very good point on sending in multiple emails over the coming weeks...even months. I may make it a Saturday morning ritual until I'm driving one! :cool:
I just sent another email. Is this your "Saturday morning ritual" yet? I honestly believe we need to keep Elio emails in a constant flow in front of them. Especially since the ATVM loan was applied for under the former administration. I can only hope other members are doing the same.:D

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back on topic. Here's my letter to www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ Feel free to plagiarize. I think I grammared it well. :)

Mr. President,

I'm retired Air Force airman after 24 yrs. and am now an Air Force civilian employee. These are my thoughts and ideas and are not affiliated with or an endorsement by the Air Force.

Elio Motors will hire 1,500 production workers at Shreveport, Louisiana to build their 84MPG gas fueled car once they secure funding for production. They have built several prototypes that they have been showing across the country. You've probably heard of them from the media coverage they've garnered. I am one of almost 65,000 reservation holders waiting for production. To jumpstart production, Elio Motors has an application in with the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Direct Loan Program which was established in Section 136 of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 to support the production of fuel-efficient, advanced technology vehicles. This ATVM loan will give the American Taxpayer a big bang for their buck.

Elio already has the equipment they need in place and designed the vehicle and the first new start-up engine in a long time. They designed the Elio to be safe, inexpensive, easy to maintain, and dependable. The GM plant they are using was one closed as part of the GM bailout program and is ready to be filled with Shreveport's autoworkers who have not been working in the auto industry since the unfortunate closure of their plant.

Think about it - speeding the loan approval for Elio will create a new car company, employ 1,500 people directly and another 1,500 people indirectly building cars right here in America using 90% American parts. This is ready to happen as soon as they secure funding for production. The entrepreneurship that Paul Elio has put into this project is the embodiment of the American Spirit! I know you want to make decisions and take action that help make America great. Now is the time!

This vehicle has AC, Cruise Control, three Air Bags, AM-FM radio and will sell for $7300.00 dollars! America needs this low cost ultra-efficient vehicle.

Let's put more people in cars built from American parts by Americans working at the American auto manufacturer that President Trump green-lighted!

I believe you'll make a positive impact on America and see you've taken measures to do so already. Green-lighting the ATVM loan for Elio will benefit thousands and will make an immediate impact that everyone can understand.

Thank you for your consideration,

John Pope

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back on topic. Here's my letter to www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ Feel free to plagiarize. I think I grammared it well. :)

Mr. President,

I'm retired Air Force airman after 24 yrs. and am now an Air Force civilian employee. These are my thoughts and ideas and are not affiliated with or an endorsement by the Air Force.

Elio Motors will hire 1,500 production workers at Shreveport, Louisiana to build their 84MPG gas fueled car once they secure funding for production. They have built several prototypes that they have been showing across the country. You've probably heard of them from the media coverage they've garnered. I am one of almost 65,000 reservation holders waiting for production. To jumpstart production, Elio Motors has an application in with the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Direct Loan Program which was established in Section 136 of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 to support the production of fuel-efficient, advanced technology vehicles. This ATVM loan will give the American Taxpayer a big bang for their buck.

Elio already has the equipment they need in place and designed the vehicle and the first new start-up engine in a long time. They designed the Elio to be safe, inexpensive, easy to maintain, and dependable. The GM plant they are using was one closed as part of the GM bailout program and is ready to be filled with Shreveport's autoworkers who have not been working in the auto industry since the unfortunate closure of their plant.

Think about it - speeding the loan approval for Elio will create a new car company, employ 1,500 people directly and another 1,500 people indirectly building cars right here in America using 90% American parts. This is ready to happen as soon as they secure funding for production. The entrepreneurship that Paul Elio has put into this project is the embodiment of the American Spirit! I know you want to make decisions and take action that help make America great. Now is the time!

This vehicle has AC, Cruise Control, three Air Bags, AM-FM radio and will sell for $7300.00 dollars! America needs this low cost ultra-efficient vehicle.

Let's put more people in cars built from American parts by Americans working at the American auto manufacturer that President Trump green-lighted!

I believe you'll make a positive impact on America and see you've taken measures to do so already. Green-lighting the ATVM loan for Elio will benefit thousands and will make an immediate impact that everyone can understand.

Thank you for your consideration,

John Pope
Great email Ty! The only thing I see missing is a link to eliomotors.com, and contact email addresses that go direct to Elio. Maybe someone could post here with a simple contact list that we could all copy and paste into our emails to make contact with Elio as simple as possible for that one government/White House employee, or intern that finally, has seen the name "Elio" in their email enough times to bump it up to the next level.
Honestly, it may may take 8-10 "bump ups" before the next higher up takes notice. Does anyone have a list of all Elio websites, and email addresses?:cool:

Top Bottom