• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

White House Comment Line

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did happen to mention in a ps that a PHOTO OP watching the first Elio roll off the line just in time for the 2018 mid term elections and emphasizing renewed commitment to enabling industry, rather than disabling industry, by encouraging expeditious utilization of already allocated resources (ATVM Loan Program) would be a good thing.

ps Yes I realize that an appeal to base politics is close to the edge (or perhaps a little over the edge), but it's about getting the ELIO to production!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You do know that Rex Tillerson....our secretary of state is the former CEO of Exxon Mobil. That isn't good for Elio.
Not necessarily. Even CEOs have extended family that needs cheap and frugal transportation. Who do you think approaches him with their financial woes? Now he can point to Elio and tell them they're on their own...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ps Yes I realize that an appeal to base politics is close to the edge (or perhaps a little over the edge), but it's about getting the ELIO to production!

so long as a political comment is civil, factual, and is directly related to EM, it falls within forum standards

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why not an email AND a phone call? Each one of us could count as two contact attempts. Some may luck up and actually get to talk to a real person in the White House (at least that's how it was reported). I hope EKH caught this information. He writes, and makes his points so well. I think I will ask his permission to plagiarize some of his posts for the email I want to send.
It is not plagiarism when you credit the source.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Key words here are "former CEO". Maybe some bad blood there which would be good for Elio? Who knows the inside story of a "former CEO"?

A simple Google Search does.
http://news.exxonmobil.com/press-re...-elected-chairman-ceo-exxon-mobil-corporation

It is pretty straight forward. The CEO of EM has to retire at age 65. Rex turns 65 in March. Was going to retire then. Is offered the SOS position and takes it. A win-win for EM.

Can't spin everything as potential good news as EM. 99.9999% chance that this either doesn't benefit or hurts EMs chance.

I'm not saying Rex has a direct say in this, but if EMobil is against Elio, im sure he will say something.

Now Trump is kind of a wild card since he doesn't seem to be as lock step with politics as a traditional politician.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Even CEOs have extended family that needs cheap and frugal transportation. Who do you think approaches him with their financial woes? Now he can point to Elio and tell them they're on their own...

He has been a millionaire for years and years. I'm sure he dealt with extended family needing money a loooong time ago.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A simple Google Search does.
http://news.exxonmobil.com/press-re...-elected-chairman-ceo-exxon-mobil-corporation

It is pretty straight forward. The CEO of EM has to retire at age 65. Rex turns 65 in March. Was going to retire then. Is offered the SOS position and takes it. A win-win for EM.

Can't spin everything as potential good news as EM. 99.9999% chance that this either doesn't benefit or hurts EMs chance.

I'm not saying Rex has a direct say in this, but if EMobil is against Elio, im sure he will say something.

Now Trump is kind of a wild card since he doesn't seem to be as lock step with politics as a traditional politician.
Good points. I hadn't seen that link before.
But as you said "Now Trump is kind of a wild card since he doesn't seem to be as lock step with politics as a traditional politician". You're correct. He's not.
In my opinion, that is a plus for Elio.
I go back and read VERY OLD posts on this site, and you, a long time ago would post negatives, and what ifs about Elio on this forum, and then go on a Geo Metro forum bragging about stirring the pot on this one.
I think you've since come around to the concept of Elio, but I still take your comments with a grain of salt. No offense intended. ;)

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good points. I hadn't seen that link before.
But as you said "Now Trump is kind of a wild card since he doesn't seem to be as lock step with politics as a traditional politician". You're correct. He's not.
In my opinion, that is a plus for Elio.
I go back and read VERY OLD posts on this site, and you, a long time ago would post negatives, and what ifs about Elio on this forum, and then go on a Geo Metro forum bragging about stirring the pot on this one.
I think you've since come around to the concept of Elio, but I still take your comments with a grain of salt. No offense intended. ;)
For those that need proof. scroll down past the log in request to see what was posted back then:

http://geometroforum.com/topic/5465101/1/

Here's the thread Horn started here:

https://www.elioowners.com/threads/why-not-buy-a-geo-metro-or-1st-gen-insight.1279/

I'm not very internet savvy, but is this called trolling?

Top Bottom