• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Normal boring childhood. Ten years ago I became a born again evangelical Christian and it has changed my life. My goal is to get through these next ten years or so working as an IT government contractor then have enough money to be able to retire into full time ministry. Not preaching or anything like that. I currently run the AV department for my church and that needs to have a full time person. In addition to AV I will also be the go-to-guy for anyone that needs anything. (See my post somewhere else about my reason for my pick-up) I love to help people. The Elio will help me achieve that goal sooner. I have a beautiful wife (see my photo) and two kids 17 and 14. The 17 year old is currently enrolled in Dual Enrollment online at Cedarville University and plans to attend there full time next fall.
I've been a little bit humbled by this whole Elio experience. Once I got full on board, I was telling everyone I knew how much they needed the Elio. It hit me hard that I had that kind of passion for telling people about a car that could save them a couple of bucks, but didn't have the same kind of passion to tell people about a God that can save their eternal lives. I plan to change that!

sorry... You asked;)
Like it.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A 'little bit' about me - inspired by the mobile devices thread was going to post it there but then Goofyone would just move it here, so I saved him a step. You're welcome Goofyone, have an extra beer on me:D

People my age don't get it, but some of you "old farts" can maybe relate.....

I grew up poor in the mountains of PA. We had no running water, no electricity. Our neighbors thought we were rich 'cause we had TWO out houses LOL

Service porch bucket to do your business in the winters, guess who's job it was to empty it in the morning. :( Oh and had to prime the well so there was any water at all. We did our homework by the lantern ( Walton's style or little house on the prairie LOL) Feed the chickens and pigs in school clothes none the less. My dad was a jack of all trades and we eventually got modernized.

Point is about hi-tech stuff, growing up the way I did. I like to "treat" myself/wife/kids. Odd how the same upbringing affects people different. Being poor some or most I've met are VERY frugal.

I'm in the middle I guess. I like my toys, but I also have to have a nest egg.

I had goals about my life and how I would raise my kids (not being moved around a lot (left that part out)) stated working at 15, joined the Navy at 17, came to California and met my wife and never looked back. Big goal was to own house at 25, missed it by 5 years but we moved in on wife's 30th birthday (she was 3 months older then me).

Lived paycheck to paycheck forever.......about 5 years ago I realized we were 30K in debt (credit) we sucked it up and paid it all off. Yeah I still have the cards but pay them off every month NO interest payments in last 3 years :) Last time I checked my credit rating was 830.

Some who've had my same upbringing think someone owes them something for their hard times (2 of my sisters) I say suck it up and MAKE it happen for you!!

Oh and you might like to know, I am the youngest of 4 only boy and born on my mom's birthday (tell me I wasn't spoiled) But I did what I felt was my duty, while in the Navy, mom was back east single, working in a factory that built screen windows/doors. I was just starting a family myself. Sold all my motorcycles, paid off some bills, flew back east and drove her out here and supported her for 3-4 years. We didn't get along too well with her and the wife under the same roof she eventually moved out. But, even now she has a better life and we are closer.

Sorry to ramble, was supposed to be short but I left a lot out to keep it shorter LOL

LOVE YOU GUYS! My Elio family :)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lock, your early life sounded a lot like a visit to grandma and grandpas house. No indoor plumbing, but they did have a throne (bucket underneath) in the North bedroom upstairs, we could only use it at night. The outhouse was the main bathroom. Water was brought in, in 5 gallon galvanized cans, I could barley lift it off the ground and was soaked by the time I got it in the house, even though it had a lid. It was the best tasting water I've ever had and ice cold from the ground, even in late summer. Saturday was bath day and you had to share the water in the big galvanized tub. When the water got cold, grandma would add some hot water off the stove, just enough to stop you from shivering and take some of the blue out of your lips. As you were climbing out, another was climbing in. I sure miss grandma and grandpa, thanks for the trip down memory lane!

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Y
Lock, your early life sounded a lot like a visit to grandma and grandpas house. No indoor plumbing, but they did have a throne (bucket underneath) in the North bedroom upstairs, we could only use it at night. The outhouse was the main bathroom. Water was brought in, in 5 gallon galvanized cans, I could barley lift it off the ground and was soaked by the time I got it in the house, even though it had a lid. It was the best tasting water I've ever had and ice cold from the ground, even in late summer. Saturday was bath day and you had to share the water in the big galvanized tub. When the water got cold, grandma would add some hot water off the stove, just enough to stop you from shivering and take some of the blue out of your lips. As you were climbing out, another was climbing in. I sure miss grandma and grandpa, thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Yours and Lock's stories bring back memories. We kids especially liked the hand pump over the well, though not the sulfur water. The old farm house and barn in southern Ohio are still there and I check it out on Google Earth street view whenever they refresh the picture.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Y

Yours and Lock's stories bring back memories. We kids especially liked the hand pump over the well, though not the sulfur water. The old farm house and barn in southern Ohio are still there and I check it out on Google Earth street view whenever they refresh the picture.
Someone moved grandma and grandpas house across the road and modernized it, about 15 years after they moved it, it burnt to the ground. The barn was torn down, and the old combine, we kids slowly took apart was sold for scrap metal years ago. The slough we fished in, is now a Lake! Not the same anymore, pity.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone moved grandma and grandpas house across the road and modernized it, about 15 years after they moved it, it burnt to the ground. The barn was torn down, and the old combine, we kids slowly took apart was sold for scrap metal years ago. The slough we fished in, is now a Lake! Not the same anymore, pity.

:(

I often wonder if the house I grew up in is still standing......the history of the house was it started (not sure of date (I think civil war era)) off as a one room log cabin and each time the house changed ownership another room was added. We kept up the tradition by bringing rocks/boulders back from the river camp ground we often visited anyways dad built the room by hand and then laid a slate floor, inserted wood stove in fireplace opening. Temperature wise that was the best room to be in. Always warm in winter and cool in summer. :)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Y

Nice thing is my other grandparents house still stands, although it was modernized in 1965. Underneath it's walls and exterior is the original log cabin built by my great grand father. If you go into the root cellar you can see the original oak logs used to build it. The family still owns this property and it's been in the family since the 1890s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom