• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for sharing your stories. I had a wonderful time reading my morning away. It's been quite a few weeks for me and well ... just Thanks You All.
I am a bit befuddled in tell about myself, so I will leave it so another time when I'm feeling better. Today, you will get gloom and this isn't the place for it. JUST GO ELIO AND THANK YOU MY ELIO FAMILY. So strange, I bought into a dream of a stranger (Paul Elio) and I got a whole new family.

It's funny, at the dinner table I talk with my family about 'zelio said this today', or 'guess what goofyone said', and they know what I'm talking about. I get quite a few eye-rolls, but hey; we're communicating, right?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for sharing your stories. I had a wonderful time reading my morning away. It's been quite a few weeks for me and well ... just Thanks You All.
I am a bit befuddled in tell about myself, so I will leave it so another time when I'm feeling better. Today, you will get gloom and this isn't the place for it. JUST GO ELIO AND THANK YOU MY ELIO FAMILY. So strange, I bought into a dream of a stranger (Paul Elio) and I got a whole new family.
Quick, and were here to keep your spirits UP! Here's a little suggestion: go find a mirror, look into it and smile, yes I know it's hard and you'll feel silly but just give It a try. It's hard not to smile back, even if it's just you! Smile and the world will smile back! Have a wonderful day!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's funny, at the dinner table I talk with my family about 'zelio said this today', or 'guess what goofyone said', and they know what I'm talking about. I get quite a few eye-rolls, but hey; we're communicating, right?
CompTrex, OMG a family that eats dinner together! How unique in today's world of fast food and over loaded child activities. Still a practice in my home, even though it's just the two of us. How was your day? is always the first question and okay is not the answer! LOL

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
A bio for me: born and raised in Kansas. Ages 3-13 in northeast KS, 13-23 in northwest KS. Attended college at Fort Hays State University.

Taught 7-11 grade math for one year in south-central Nebraska in ’87-‘88, moved to Phoenix and got married. Lived there until ’91, moved to Denver. Worked at IBM in Boulder as a contractor and regular employee until 2012, mostly doing software development. Lived in 5 different suburbs from ’91 – ‘05: Thornton, Denver, Aurora, Broomfield and Erie. Loved living in Phoenix, but really really miss the Rocky Mountains and Denver. I don't miss waiting in line for everything! lol Fuel, groceries, restaurants, movie theater, Walmart, etc.

Have two great kids, son is 21 and daughter is 17. Moved back to small-town KS in ’05, continued to work from home for IBM.

Divorced (didn’t have that in the plans) in ’09. Laid off from IBM in 2012. Laid off from a hospital IT job in 2013. Quit my first job ever, later that year with a local computer service store. Started Nov. 2013 at my current job, doing websites and marketing and product videos for an aluminum manufacturing plant, absolutely love it. Became married by common law in Dec 2014.

That bad stretch of job experience is much better than it sounds. :) I got a nice 6-month severance pkg from IBM, and started working 6 weeks later at that hospital IT job, so I was doubling up on salary. Then the 2nd layoff happened 5 months later on a Wednesday, and I was working at the local computer service store on Friday. Then when I quit that job 9 months later, I was very fortunate to get my current job, timing was such that I basically ended a job one day and started the new one the next. I'm very blessed job-wise!

Was fun typing this up, looking forward to others' stories.

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A bio for me: born and raised in Kansas. Ages 3-13 in northeast KS, 13-23 in northwest KS. Attended college at Fort Hays State University.

Taught 7-11 grade math for one year in south-central Nebraska in ’87-‘88, moved to Phoenix and got married. Lived there until ’91, moved to Denver. Worked at IBM in Boulder as a contractor and regular employee until 2012, mostly doing software development. Lived in 5 different suburbs from ’91 – ‘05: Thornton, Denver, Aurora, Broomfield and Erie. Loved living in Phoenix, but really really miss the Rocky Mountains and Denver. I don't miss waiting in line for everything! lol Fuel, groceries, restaurants, movie theater, Walmart, etc.

Have two great kids, son is 21 and daughter is 17. Moved back to small-town KS in ’05, continued to work from home for IBM.

Divorced (didn’t have that in the plans) in ’09. Laid off from IBM in 2012. Laid off from a hospital IT job in 2013. Quit my first job ever, later that year with a local computer service store. Started Nov. 2013 at my current job, doing websites and marketing and product videos for an aluminum manufacturing plant, absolutely love it. Currently engaged to a woman, wedding planned for next June.

That bad stretch of job experience is much better than it sounds. :) I got a nice 6-month severance pkg from IBM, and started working 6 weeks later at that hospital IT job. Then the 2nd layoff happened 5 months later on a Wednesday, and I was working at the local computer service store on Friday. Then when I quit that job 9 months later, I was very fortunate to get my current job, timing was such that I basically ended a job one day and started the new one the next. I'm very blessed job-wise!

Was fun typing this up, looking forward to others' stories.
Jeff, that which does not kill us, only make us stronger! Right place, right time on jobs! Lose one love, only to find another, congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DWR, your story is just as relevant as the rest of ours because it's Your story! Don't sell yourself short for not having traveled, I'm sure there are people who would have traded places with you. Having roots in one place, is what made this country what it is today. Folks looking for a place to call home! You seem to have found yours! Not everyone is born with the wander lust gene and you seem to be one of them or at least it was never strong enough to make you want to leave your home. Me, if I could get in my truck tomorrow and drive away with the wife and 3 amigos, I'd never come home again!

Top Bottom