• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:(

I often wonder if the house I grew up in is still standing......the history of the house was it started (not sure of date (I think civil war era)) off as a one room log cabin and each time the house changed ownership another room was added. We kept up the tradition by bringing rocks/boulders back from the river camp ground we often visited anyways dad built the room by hand and then laid a slate floor, inserted wood stove in fireplace opening. Temperature wise that was the best room to be in. Always warm in winter and cool in summer. :)
The only way to know Lock, is plan a trip. I can tell you from experience it's a blast to go back in time. I have been to the graves of my GGG Grand Parents and stood at the edge of what was once their property in Ohio. Have also been to grave of GGGG Grand Father, his wife's grave has never been found, although we know from family verbal history she is buried somewhere in Somerset County, MD. Sorry sometimes I get carried away with family geneology.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
:(

I often wonder if the house I grew up in is still standing......the history of the house was it started (not sure of date (I think civil war era)) off as a one room log cabin and each time the house changed ownership another room was added. We kept up the tradition by bringing rocks/boulders back from the river camp ground we often visited anyways dad built the room by hand and then laid a slate floor, inserted wood stove in fireplace opening. Temperature wise that was the best room to be in. Always warm in winter and cool in summer. :)
My grandfather once took me to the house he grew up in, when he pointed it out I said I didn't see it, he said we drove over it... razed for the road widening.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only way to know Lock, is plan a trip. I can tell you from experience it's a blast to go back in time. I have been to the graves of my GGG Grand Parents and stood at the edge of what was once their property in Ohio. Have also been to grave of GGGG Grand Father, his wife's grave has never been found, although we know from family verbal history she is buried somewhere in Somerset County, MD. Sorry sometimes I get carried away with family geneology.

Yes a trip back has been on my mind. Maybe an ELIO trip :) Haven't been back in a LONG time. I saw on the maps Goofyone does that stores have changed locations, roads have been added.....My little town is growing up LOL

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some great stories here! Let's see if I can keep it brief...Okay. Name's Kevin Jung (pronounced 'Young'...German descent) and I'm 52 yrs old, born in Newark, NJ, but moved to the Denver area when I was 3 months old. Grew up in CO, southwest Denver and Arvada, and enlisted in the Navy at 18 yrs old in '80...actually, my first night in bootcamp was New Years Eve of '80 - '81, totally miserable way to start the new year! Ended up stationed at NAS Miramar, working on F-14 Tomcats at VF-124 (Top Gun filmed there). Met my wife there and got married in '84...still married to the same woman. Two kids, a son and a daughter, 26 yrs and 30 yrs respectively, and a 5 year old grandson from my daughter. Back to CO for a couple of years doing HVAC work, and moved to Pacific, MO in '87 and hired on at McDonnell Douglas. Did all the composite repairs on AV8B Harrier wings, transferred to F-15E Eagles, transferred to F-18 Super Hornets, composite repair again for another 5 years, and ended up back on the F-15E's again building the center fuselage (pretty much the chunk between the wings, forward of the verticals, and behind the cockpit when looking at my avatar). LOVE fighter jets, and I never get tired of watching them take off, especially when they're pouring the coals to it.:cool:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some great stories here! Let's see if I can keep it brief...Okay. Name's Kevin Jung (pronounced 'Young'...German descent) and I'm 52 yrs old, born in Newark, NJ, but moved to the Denver area when I was 3 months old. Grew up in CO, southwest Denver and Arvada, and enlisted in the Navy at 18 yrs old in '80...actually, my first night in bootcamp was New Years Eve of '80 - '81, totally miserable way to start the new year! Ended up stationed at NAS Miramar, working on F-14 Tomcats at VF-124 (Top Gun filmed there). Met my wife there and got married in '84...still married to the same woman. Two kids, a son and a daughter, 26 yrs and 30 yrs respectively, and a 5 year old grandson from my daughter. Back to CO for a couple of years doing HVAC work, and moved to Pacific, MO in '87 and hired on at McDonnell Douglas. Did all the composite repairs on AV8B Harrier wings, transferred to F-15E Eagles, transferred to F-18 Super Hornets, composite repair again for another 5 years, and ended up back on the F-15E's again building the center fuselage (pretty much the chunk between the wings, forward of the verticals, and behind the cockpit when looking at my avatar). LOVE fighter jets, and I never get tired of watching them take off, especially when they're pouring the coals to it.:cool:
Hey NSTGR8, thank you for your service to our country! Now you have to do the whole thing over on the Military Service thread...LOL!

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for sharing your stories. I had a wonderful time reading my morning away. It's been quite a few weeks for me and well ... just Thanks You All.
I am a bit befuddled in tell about myself, so I will leave it so another time when I'm feeling better. Today, you will get gloom and this isn't the place for it. JUST GO ELIO AND THANK YOU MY ELIO FAMILY. So strange, I bought into a dream of a stranger (Paul Elio) and I got a whole new family.

Top Bottom