• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Truett Collins here,
Born and raised in a small town in Northern New Mexico. U.S. Army 1972-1975, then served as the pastor of a small Church in Glenville GA. U.S. Navy 1989-1999, the served as the pastor of a Native American Mission in Espanola NM, while doing dispatch for the NM State police. In 2008 started working for the Town of Red River Marshals office in Northern New Mexico handling 911 services for the communities of Red River, Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Moreno Valley, and Wheeler Peak while serving as pastor for a small church in Questa NM. Now working full time 911 dispatch, just 4 more years and will have my second retirement and will hopefully be in a position to fully retire and enjoy traveling the nation in my Elio……We now have 4 children and 8 grandchildren, two of them are old enough to make us great grand parents but we keep telling them we are not quite read for that yet……

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice way to get to know each other.

Lets see, Falther of 3, ages 20, 8, and 5. Born in Oklahoma, but lived my childhood overseas( dad was in the oil business). Spent most of it in Libya, with short stints in Holland and Spain. Returned to the states when I was in 2nd grade. Really wished I was older and could remember more things from my time there. Returned to Oklahoma in sixth grade and stayed there until I move to Dallas 20 years ago with my first wife. I attended 5 colleges, but never graduated. Still ended up with a nice middle management job in the mortgage industry. I was lazy in school, but a hard worker at the job. For 2 homebodies, my wife and I live a very busy life. I play adult league hockey, am on the Little league board, and umpire little league games. My wife is back in school for her MBA and is the PTA treasurer. The 2 kids at home are active in baseball, hockey, dance, and soccer. I am tired just typing all that out! lol

I was in a serious motorcycle accident right at a year ago. I promised the wife no more motorcycles. Saw an article on the Elio on Yahoo while recovering and did extensive research. When I got my small bonus in January, I spent it on getting another tattoo and going all in on my Elio. Love this site and hope to contribute as much as I get from others.

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My name is Nick. I just hit 34 years old and work in IT for a major company in the medical field here in Nashville. I own a 2014 Jeep Wrangler, am shopping for a Challenger Hellcat, and of course the Elio for good MPG when that time comes. I also have a 1978 Triumph Spitfire that I've owned since I was 19 (1999). That being said, not surprisingly... I'm a bachelor. No interest in getting tied down, no interest in kids, just having fun and that's it. In fact the last time I dated was 2005 when my engagement broke off due to my not wanting kids. I just said "I'm done", bought a 350z and decided right then and there that toys are a lot better than love.

Plans for the Elio? None really. I just want a bright color, probably an auto, and just to drive it. I'm just excited to be in on this whole Elio experience. My parents ordered one of the first Plymouth Neon's back in 1994 and I had one of the first Scions (a tC) in the United States. I love having something that nobody knows what it is. I think the Elio will be a trip when they first hit the roads. I foresee a lot of impromptu education sessions at gas stations and grocery stores. I look forward to it.

I'm also headed down to Rome, GA next month, hope to see some of you there!

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My name is Rodney, in my mid 50"s. Spent 8 plus years of my first 18 years (2-4, 8-13, & 16-18 years old), living in Papua New Guinea, Dad was a bush pilot for a missionary organization. I work in aircraft maintenance (hence "ajetmech"). Did some construction work, motorcycle maintenance during the early years, but the last 28 years have been working on planes. 12 plus years at McDonnell Douglas/Boeing working out of the Long Beach, CA plant in the Flight Test division, and the last 15 plus years have worked for one of the freight/cargo companies (the Purple & Orange one, not the Brown one). I have been riding motorcycles since I was 14. My hobbies that I dabble in are woodworking, trying some lathe woodturning last couple of years and I have taken up sailing in the last few years.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This little story is for the Military, not so much funny but a way of life in a Military family.
My father, " The Commander " and company leader was dying, we were all in his room at the VA hospital and saying our good nights and goodbyes as we were pretty sure he would not make it through the night. We left, leaving my two nieces to spend the night with him and when he passed he would not be alone. Shortly after we left my nieces observed their grandpa was going through the final stage of dying. (We had a great group of staff who explained to us what to look for.) The Doc was called in and confirmed what they were observing. My niece an Airmen in the Reserves walked over to her Grandfather and said, " Grandpa, it's time to go." My father took his final breath and passed Memorial Day Weekend 2013. Now in our family, we joke that for the first time in our family and perhaps in military history an enlisted person gave an Officer an order and he followed through, without argument!

Thank You for sharing BUT you should have included a SPOILER ALERT or something. I read this at work and even reading now .... crying like a baby! I can't read this stuff at work LOL

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank You for sharing BUT you should have included a SPOILER ALERT or something. I read this at work and even reading now .... crying like a baby! I can't read this stuff at work LOL
Sorry, LockMD was not meant to make you cry but to put a small smile on your face at the end. Had you known my Dad, you would have laughed out loud!

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I grew up poor and was educated on the GI Bill. I had a mixed up career as a medical librarian, advisor to a couple governors, manager in federal and state governments, consultant with one of the national labs. I was involved mostly with the politics and commercial side of radioactive waste management. I was happy to leave the stress behind as soon as I became eligible to retire at 60. I sat behind a desk for 40 years and always wanted to be outside digging holes or building something. Bill

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Normal boring childhood. Ten years ago I became a born again evangelical Christian and it has changed my life. My goal is to get through these next ten years or so working as an IT government contractor then have enough money to be able to retire into full time ministry. Not preaching or anything like that. I currently run the AV department for my church and that needs to have a full time person. In addition to AV I will also be the go-to-guy for anyone that needs anything. (See my post somewhere else about my reason for my pick-up) I love to help people. The Elio will help me achieve that goal sooner. I have a beautiful wife (see my photo) and two kids 17 and 14. The 17 year old is currently enrolled in Dual Enrollment online at Cedarville University and plans to attend there full time next fall.
I've been a little bit humbled by this whole Elio experience. Once I got full on board, I was telling everyone I knew how much they needed the Elio. It hit me hard that I had that kind of passion for telling people about a car that could save them a couple of bucks, but didn't have the same kind of passion to tell people about a God that can save their eternal lives. I plan to change that!

sorry... You asked;)

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice way to get to know each other.

Lets see, Falther of 3, ages 20, 8, and 5. Born in Oklahoma, but lived my childhood overseas( dad was in the oil business). Spent most of it in Libya, with short stints in Holland and Spain. Returned to the states when I was in 2nd grade. Really wished I was older and could remember more things from my time there. Returned to Oklahoma in sixth grade and stayed there until I move to Dallas 20 years ago with my first wife. I attended 5 colleges, but never graduated. Still ended up with a nice middle management job in the mortgage industry. I was lazy in school, but a hard worker at the job. For 2 homebodies, my wife and I live a very busy life. I play adult league hockey, am on the Little league board, and umpire little league games. My wife is back in school for her MBA and is the PTA treasurer. The 2 kids at home are active in baseball, hockey, dance, and soccer. I am tired just typing all that out! lol

I was in a serious motorcycle accident right at a year ago. I promised the wife no more motorcycles. Saw an article on the Elio on Yahoo while recovering and did extensive research. When I got my small bonus in January, I spent it on getting another tattoo and going all in on my Elio. Love this site and hope to contribute as much as I get from others.
Neal, when were you in Libya? I was there 1969-70. Bill

Top Bottom