• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Do So Many Threads Start Good And End Up Full Of Usless Junk?

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
best guess .... most threads are much like conversations among friends .... they tend to start with comments areas but usually wander into other areas before wandering back .... right now most of what we have is speculation .... once they are in production and on the road, I suspect specific reports/observations will engender somewhat focus .... not necessarily a laser focus .. :)

Now that is reasonable. Thanks!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
best guess .... most threads are much like conversations among friends .... they tend to start with comments areas but usually wander into other areas before wandering back .... right now most of what we have is speculation .... once they are in production and on the road, I suspect specific reports/observations will engender somewhat focus .... not necessarily a laser focus .. :)

Thanks JIm, you pretty much got the answer down before I could get here. :)

We try to keep threads generally on topic however the fact is that actual information tends to be a bit sparse so we also allow threads to drift in and out as the conversation naturally evolves. The amount of good information and topics to share will undoubtedly improve as we get into production and this forum shifts focus to an actual Elio Owners forum and not just a bunch of people interested in following along as the project develops. :cool:

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi CharChri4, it's just the evolution of learning how and what to read on the forum.

Someone might interject sarcasm or humor on a post, then others will comment on that, and before you know it, the thread is off-topic. Not a big deal, just glance through the posts that don't apply and read the ones that do. :)
You mean like when I want to say to eddie66 that's a great avatar in a thread about useless posts?
Damn catchy problem you have around here...

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK. I don't which thread to put this on, so let me take this one off track. I saw where Paul said that if the Elio went into production today, it would sell for $7,300 and get 81 MPH. I'm no genius, but simple math tells me that price minus my $500 bonus equals $6,800. Mission accomplished. Sell me the E-car today and I can feather the throttle and shift the transmission and squeeze another 3 MPG out of it and reach the other goal. I just can't get mine soon enough.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I just wasted a bunch of time reading through a thread on an Elio subject I am very interested in only to be annoyed by dozens of pointless posts on everything from gun control to restaurant etiquette.

I know I'm new here but it sure seems like a lot of threads start with a legitimate topic worthy of discussion and end up with page after page useless crap on anything but the topic. What's up with that?
scientifically it is known as entropy

Top Bottom