• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why I'm All In

EARL LANEY

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd like to see one in person. The temptation to drive off with it would be too great. Just kidding. I am like a child waiting for Christmas. With any luck I will still be alive next year and the keys to my Elio will be under the tree. Those are the things dreams are made of. :)
I hope he doesn't wate too long, I'm 78 now!

Jeff Hawthorn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I read this {The second will be some time later because I only put $100.00 non-fundable.} I put down 100.00 for my reserved all in or I should say my wife did before fathers day as a gift for me. Does the statement mean someone putting down 1000.00 dollars now in July will move ahead of me in receiving there 84 mpg Elio?

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yes.

$1000 all will move you to the front of the line and are given a set position in line.
People who have the #1200 in their signature are $1000 all in.

Jeff Hawthorn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Wow ok well I will hold my tongue, I didnt put it down and didnt read all what it envolved but im sure it was explained. Pretty disappointed knowing I keep getting bumped back in line. I was hoping to drive it in 2016 have my doubts now ok thanks for the explanation.

Joseph

Reaction score
Well, the way I understand it is the reservations will stop at their 1 year capacity. So my interpretation is that the very last person in the reservation line will get one by Sept 2016 (if production starts in Sept 2015 and there are no delays). Anyone else have any thoughts?

Also, my thought is when it gets closer to the actual production date, and there are more "positive signs" and/or "assurances" that the Elio will be produced, I'll bump up my reservation to the $1,000 all-in. Mine right now is just the $100 all-in.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, the way I understand it is the reservations will stop at their 1 year capacity. So my interpretation is that the very last person in the reservation line will get one by Sept 2016 (if production starts in Sept 2015 and there are no delays). Anyone else have any thoughts?
It was explained to me in another thread that the cut-off is supposed to be 40,000 which should be, according to Elio's production rate projections, something like two to four months worth of production. Elio is saying that after a short initial run of one shift @ up to 500 a day, they're going to put on a second shift @ up to another 500 a day for a total of up to 1000 vehicles a day. Taking into consideration that they'll probably work 5 days a week (time and a half overtime gets pretty expensive), 5,000 units a week x 8 weeks = 40,000 units.

Y'know, I've been thinking about this over the last few weeks, and I think that the reservation system is mostly for publicity. I think it's brilliant. I think it's probably working to both continue to get the word out to the masses and keep the Elio on people's minds as well as EM intended it to.

Yeah, I know, it took a while for that light bulb to click on. It's just another reason that I have faith in these people. Brilliant.

Jeff Hawthorn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hmm well I may just get bumped to the end of the line in that case. I will end up spending the other 9hundo anyways but the 5hundred dollar savings will be missed along with the money spent on my commute in fuel back and forth to work when I could be driving my Blue Elio. The math says put the 900 more down.

Top Bottom