• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why I'm All In

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Elio Motors might be better off hiring folks who want to work and train them as needed .... folks who come in with bad habits already established can be hard to retrain"

I've know several guys that worked for GM in the past years. Does crybaby ring a bell to anyone.
All they did was cry when they would have a shutdown for a couple weeks and they were only getting 90% pay.
I say building a new car means starting with a new crew.

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys bring up a good point. Of the anecdotal evidence we've all collected over the years from personal experience or hearsay, whose workforce would you rather re-hire, Toyota, Volkswagen, Ford, or GM?
Uh oh. :cool:

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would re-hire the cream of the crop experienced work force that was familiar with the shreveport plant equipment and surroundings. The EM Personnel Department should have the ability to screen and determine whether or not an applicant is qualified and actually wants to work.
GM plant workers were building what came down the line, with parts specified by GM Management.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys bring up a good point. Of the anecdotal evidence we've all collected over the years from personal experience or hearsay, whose workforce would you rather re-hire, Toyota, Volkswagen, Ford, or GM? Uh oh. :cool:
I have avoided American cars because of the Jeep employees I met in Toledo, OH. They openly admitted if they were pissed at their supervisor or some other administrator they took it out on the Jeeps they were building. The Jeep plant and the local county workhouse (jail for those who are permitted to go out and work then check back in) had revolving doors because of the drug dealings going on among employees of Jeep. I would not take a Jeep even today, if it was handed to me and I left Toledo over 30 years ago.

This is why I have confidence in EM. Paul Elio is determined to have an excellent product that will last. To do this he knows he will need to have the confidence and respect of his employees and he will need to have confidence and respect for his employees. His approach to team building the Elio by partnering with suppliers is an indication that he understands how important having input from others is. And of course that is very much my totally biased and completely not the least bit humble opinion. At least I am willing to give EM and the employees they hire the benefit of the doubt before I judge them. I do admit it is important that the employees buy into the Elio idea. If they don't believe in the product then they shouldn't work for EM. :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been following Elio Motors for a while on the internet. While attending the International Ballon Festival in Albuquerque, I was able to see it up close and sit in a concept vehicle. When I returned home I went " all in".

You can only make assumptions of size, space and design if you have not been up close to this vehicle. I believe the Elio Marketing team needs to be more proactive in displaying this vehicle in public.

The vehicle concept is great. Just need more exposure.
I'm all in for the frame and front end. This will be the last new car I will ever buy. My yard will become an Elio grave yard in no time.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would re-hire the cream of the crop experienced work force that was familiar with the shreveport plant equipment and surroundings. The EM Personnel Department should have the ability to screen and determine whether or not an applicant is qualified and actually wants to work.
GM plant workers were building what came down the line, with parts specified by GM Management.

A point to ponder!
The 'the cream of the crop' have surely moved on to other employment, since the Shreveport closing. They may not be availible now.
Do we want the rest, that have waited around for something to 'Come Along', to build Our Elios??
'The cream of the crop' were the ones that 'Made things Happen' at Shreveport, for GM, not the Slackers!!!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A point to ponder!
The 'the cream of the crop' have surely moved on to other employment, since the Shreveport closing. They may not be availible now.
Do we want the rest, that have waited around for something to 'Come Along', to build Our Elios??
'The cream of the crop' were the ones that 'Made things Happen' at Shreveport, for GM, not the Slackers!!!
Me ponder not. Only the truly neurotic live in that world.
Would you go under the knife wondering if your Doc finished last in his class?
(Someone always does)
Got to have faith or hope, can't live a normal life with out it.:)

In manufacturing, it's not who's doing the work, it's who's setting and maintaining the standards.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(Someone always does)

In manufacturing, it's not who's doing the work, it's who's setting and maintaining the standards.
In medicine it's who's doing the work so I always check the Doc's credentials and patient reviews. No faith or hope, but rather trust after researching results. Doc's establish word of mouth reputations in the medical community.
I'm not worried about who builds the Elio......I trust Elio to build the Elio and that they will hire qualified employees to assemble it with quality control measures. I hope Elio establishes a solid reputation built on that trust of all 34,000 + reservation holders.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have avoided American cars because of the Jeep employees I met in Toledo, OH. They openly admitted if they were pissed at their supervisor or some other administrator they took it out on the Jeeps they were building. The Jeep plant and the local county workhouse (jail for those who are permitted to go out and work then check back in) had revolving doors because of the drug dealings going on among employees of Jeep. I would not take a Jeep even today, if it was handed to me and I left Toledo over 30 years ago.

This is why I have confidence in EM. Paul Elio is determined to have an excellent product that will last. To do this he knows he will need to have the confidence and respect of his employees and he will need to have confidence and respect for his employees. His approach to team building the Elio by partnering with suppliers is an indication that he understands how important having input from others is. And of course that is very much my totally biased and completely not the least bit humble opinion. At least I am willing to give EM and the employees they hire the benefit of the doubt before I judge them. I do admit it is important that the employees buy into the Elio idea. If they don't believe in the product then they shouldn't work for EM. :) Z
The sad scenario was Jeep employees taking it out on customers and your mention of avoiding American Cars because of Jeep employee actions. I have one vehicle and it's a foreign brand assembled in the USA probably by some former Jeep employees. I hope you are correct in that both EM and the new employee base are respectful of each other...........equating to a quality built product and a happy Elio customer base.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(Someone always does)

I disagree. It is both. If they don't work together then the product and buyers will suffer. :) Z

Top Bottom