• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Is A Specific Mpg A Requirement For Atvm Loan?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now I'm really confused.
It's a Federal loan guarantee program. Zero risk to the lender. If Elio goes under, the loan gets repaid by the gov't. Which is why the DOE wants to be pretty certain the venture will NOT fail -- they've had to pay off on big failures like Fisker and don't want to have it happen again.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a Federal loan guarantee program. Zero risk to the lender. If Elio goes under, the loan gets repaid by the gov't. Which is why the DOE wants to be pretty certain the venture will NOT fail -- they've had to pay off on big failures like Fisker and don't want to have it happen again.
One other thing to include; I'll say it once and we move on because it's politics; this is an election year and everything in DC is on hold, or up in the air; no one wants to look bad to the new bosses coming in.

Ok, let's move along, nothing to see here, :lalala:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One other thing to include; I'll say it once and we move on because it's politics; this is an election year and everything in DC is on hold, or up in the air; no one wants to look bad to the new bosses coming in.

Ok, let's move along, nothing to see here, :lalala:

Coss, I will respect you as a Moderator, but you need to stop making political statements and then terminating the conversation by using your position to shut up people with differing views.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Politics or not, Coss' point is probably the best explanation for why there hasn't been an ATVM decision or why we may not get one this year. It's well-established that in major election years, administrative decisions that can be used to embarrass the Administration tend to be held up until after the election.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We can certainly afford to spent 45M for a 500K gas station in Afghanistan.
If only the Elio had a military application!

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course it does. The Elio can be handed out to cooperating warlords, informants, and other players who need to be enticed, cajoled, or otherwise persuaded to act in the interest of the military. At $7000 each, it'll be a bargain compared to some of the bribes I've read about. And can you imagine having the only Elio in 200 clicks and being the envy of your fellow warlords?

For security reasons, the military can work with EM to install a software backdoor that works in specific circumstances. For example, if an unknown Elio is approaching a checkpoint, a signal can be sent that would spin the Elgin gauges wildly, rendering the driver confused or even unconscious, a measure derived from a serendipitous discovery in the early stages of the Elio's deployment in the U.S. civilian market.

Reactions: Ekh

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Perhaps something like this?
dh210.jpg

Or maybe something more "Highway Friendly", like this?
2199rmu.jpg

(Please excuse my lame photoshops, I'm not really putting much effort into this stuff)

Top Bottom