• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Is A Specific Mpg A Requirement For Atvm Loan?

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps something like this?
dh210.jpg

Or maybe something more "Highway Friendly", like this?
2199rmu.jpg

(Please excuse my lame photoshops, I'm not really putting much effort into this stuff)
The military would call that the High Mileage, Multi-track Vehicle by Elio or HMMVE (aka "Humvelio").

Windy

Reaction score
I don't understand why achieving a specific MPG figure is a requirement for securing the gov loan. It's obvious based on the vehicle's size, weight, and aerodynamics that it's going to achieve higher MPG figures than any other fully enclosed vehicle on the road today, so why the stringent MPG requirement?
It seems to me that the problem lies with the government. It appears to me that they are not serious about supporting the next evolution in personal transportation. There are very well engineered offerings like the Edison II and Aptera as well as Elio withering on the vine due to lack of funding, in an environment of empty promises from the government. It is obvious that the money is behind big, heavy gas guzzling cars that excel best at boosting weak egos, and oil company profits at the expense of the things we should hold dear like the ability to give our children an earth that is capable of sustaining life. Come on America, do something that the world will actually respect us for. Grow up !

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems to me that the problem lies with the government. It appears to me that they are not serious about supporting the next evolution in personal transportation. There are very well engineered offerings like the Edison II and Aptera as well as Elio withering on the vine due to lack of funding, in an environment of empty promises from the government. It is obvious that the money is behind big, heavy gas guzzling cars that excel best at boosting weak egos, and oil company profits at the expense of the things we should hold dear like the ability to give our children an earth that is capable of sustaining life. Come on America, do something that the world will actually respect us for. Grow up !
welcome to capitalism - some say government is too involved, others not enough, but it's all money. I'm guessing EM has -0- lobbyists, money talks Bull S++t walks Why any surprise, membership in the flat earth society is on an upswing-
It's the golden rule.....

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
welcome to capitalism - some say government is too involved, others not enough, but it's all money. I'm guessing EM has -0- lobbyists, money talks Bull S++t walks Why any surprise, membership in the flat earth society is on an upswing-
It's the golden rule.....

Actually, Elio has hired a lobbying firm to work on their behalf. If I remember correctly from the SEC filing, the firm gets a $1.25 million payday if they are successful in lobbying for the legislation Elio wants, in addition to whatever their hiring fee was.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps something like this?
dh210.jpg

Or maybe something more "Highway Friendly", like this?
2199rmu.jpg

(Please excuse my lame photoshops, I'm not really putting much effort into this stuff)

The only problem with the first one is that I'd have to get rid of my legs and lower torso.
Small sacrifice for an Elio.

Top Bottom