• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will Other Drivers See Us?

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again not a gearhead, should the air pressure in the shocks be adjusted based on the radius or the diameter of one's behind.

Normally no. Unless the suspension is r e a l l y soft, there'd be no real advatage. Usually air shocks are adjusted to account for a lot of additional weight. Some use them for minor trim leveling.

My Buddy used them once to raise the back of his 72 Chevelle up so he could put some really wide tires on the back. Not only ruined his handling, it cost him in tires and body repairs when a line blew out. Not to forget the never ending laughter from all his buddies. (Hi Barry!)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This one time I was riding my bicycle in a thunder storm with lightning everywhere and lightning hit me and transferred to the ground. If I had been walking in the rain with an umbrella, I could have been barbeque potato chips. It is sometime safer to not have an umbrella in the rain. :)
Now that is a real experience!!!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not had the pleasure of viewing one of the Elio test mules in person...

But...as I researched the vehicle specification...I came across a couple of photos of the test mule in traffic...

I was surprised how low to the ground it sits...driver visibility seems impaired...and certainly not very visible to other vehicle operators in adjacent lanes of traffic...especially if they're operating SUV's...

Any thoughts?

1408096841375_wps_8_The_Elio_a_three_wheeled_.jpg

Elio-Motors02.jpg
Not a good comparison when matched up with SUV's and vans. My Hyundai isn' much higher that the Elio. How about a photo with a Toyota, Honda, or Mini Cooper. I

Top Bottom