• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will Other Drivers See Us?

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a comparison with my G1 which I have driven for over 14 years and no problems with traffic. The small size makes you more aware of your surroundings and you learn to drive on the defense. The worst vehicles to come across is the "Jacked Up" 4x4's...(Some will ride your bumper on purpose.)

HTH
Willie

Attachments

• ELIO SPEC..jpg
    ELIO SPEC..jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 245

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a comparison with my G1 which I have driven for over 14 years and no problems with traffic. The small size makes you more aware of your surroundings and you learn to drive on the defense. The worst vehicles to come across is the "Jacked Up" 4x4's...(Some will ride your bumper on purpose.)

HTH
Willie
Nice presentation, W. Willie. Thanks for sharing. :-) Z

Anion

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As you can see with my Scoot Coupe also, you will learn how to be on the defense at all times and always assume that nobody can see you! Be aware of where you are and all of your surrounding drivers! Keeps you young and agil... Besides, for over the hill guys and girls like me, it makes us feel like we know what we are really doing for a change! (LOL) :-$

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have had to give up my lane more than once in an MGB ! You learn to PAY ATTENTION to what our doing , cause nobody else is :)
Ground clearance is same as Mustang, height is very close, length also. Really looks little in that pic , but that is where the industry is headed. We'll be just a little ahead of the game...
I drive a full size truck frequently, yes the "bulk" is nice insurance in an accident. But I also accept the fact that that very bulk is where my $$$$ goes at the pump :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had to give up my lane more than once in an MGB ! You learn to PAY ATTENTION to what our doing , cause nobody else is :)
Ground clearance is same as Mustang, height is very close, length also. Really looks little in that pic , but that is where the industry is headed. We'll be just a little ahead of the game...
I drive a full size truck frequently, yes the "bulk" is nice insurance in an accident. But I also accept the fact that that very bulk is where my $$$$ goes at the pump :)

I own and regularly use two motorcycles and a Triumph Spitfire so I completely agree that the key is to pay attention to what is happening around you. Drive defensively and it really is not that hard to avoid most trouble. :)

An interesting development that many people do not realize is just how much safer vehicles have become in the last two decades thanks to advanced understanding of what it takes to actually make safer vehicles. I will have to search for it but I read a study which compared crash testing results from the NHTSA and IIHS over the years and determined that the safest rated passenger vehicle in 1996 would fail the crash safety testing and could not be certified for sale in the USA by the NHTSA in 2010. So this essentially means that in 2010 the worst safety rated passenger vehicle in the USA is considered safer than the highest rated vehicle from just 15 years earlier.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lot safer than a motorcycle not as safe as a car. But it looks right at home out there.
MK
I will agree that generally motorcycles are not as safe. However there are a few instances when they are safer. While riding my Hayabusa (the one in my picture) two years ago, on a two lane road and going around a curve, I met a string of cars in the other lane and one car improperly passing them and heading directly towards me in my lane.On the right there was a small shoulder and a large drop-off. Having encountered this before, I moved over onto the shoulder. When we met, all three of us were momentarily side by side; me, the improperly passing car and the car being passed. I then continued with no incident. If I had been in a car I would have had a head on collision or go over the side.
As I said, generally motorcycles are not as safe, but occasionally they are safer.

Top Bottom