• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Worst Friday Blog Ever !!!

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No tour events listed for the Spring. After 3 years of waiting. I wish Elio had the same energy as the Electra Meccanica Solo. I think it was a grave error to strive for such a low price. The EM model of a higher cost and then volume productions seems more realistic in a fringe vehicle.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. They wasted too much time trying to change laws. The laws would be easier to change if they had a product. Using an existing engine until they had the resources to make their own would have also helped. I think he was a great marketer but should not be running the company.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And what do you expect it to read like?
I remain an optimist and naively believe that progress is being made that we do not know about because it hasn't been publicly released.

How great would it be to read that the white E1a in the possession of Continental for ABS/ESC calibration has gone through a number of software iterations and the engineering team is complete with its original assignment, and are now exploring modeling while towing a light-duty motorcycle trailer?

How great would it be to read that the orange E1d dispatched to RedDot for HVAC testing and certification has performed its mission and the resulting proposed changes to future engineering vehicles are: A,B,C?

How great would it be to read that 500+ engines have been built and are sitting in storage awaiting the opening of the Shreveport assembly line?

How great would it be to read that Elio has successfully negotiated to defer any and all penalties/fines regarding hiring a labor force and starting an assembly line shift from being incurred until Q1 2018?

How great would it be to read that once stamps/molds/dies are delivered that account for recent changes to the unibody frame and body panels (exhaust routing without shroud, fuel filler placement and plumbing routing, battery relocation, etc) that the Pilot Operations Center is geared up and ready to pump out an E-series vehicle every 2-3 weeks?

What are the likely chances of any such news being released in the forthcoming SEC report? Slim at best, honestly. But I refuse to accept that the lack of news constitutes or equates to a lack of productivity.

As a shareholder, I understand the predicament Elio Motors finds itself in since going public, as it pertains to release of information. That being said, we can only hang onto blogs about Colorado and exterior lighting for so long.

Am I excited about the reported updates and design changes that have either been formally announced or leaked from the Tour Team at recent auto shows? You bet! It proves that they are not 'pencils down', they haven't quit, they haven't thrown their hands in the air, and that the Elio design is an ever-changing, ever-evolving, living project that everyone surrounding it wants to see succeed.

Do I accept the inherent and unavoidable delays in E-series vehicle development and assembly that come with the territory of not locking up the design and subjecting your project to iterations of changes? Sure. That's engineering 101.

But toss the supporters, reservationists, share holders, likely investors and loan guarantors, and all-too-critical press an idea of where Elio Motors stands!

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So the start engine campaign that was supposed to find the entire E series got us what, four of the 23? That's... Disappointing.

Top Bottom