• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Yes It Is Taking Some Time. What Changes Would You Consider?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Originally I wanted the automatic, but after reading several posts from those in the know, the auto trans might not be as responsive as I’d hoped. Luckily, my SIL is 20k+ so there will be ample time for those with actual auto cycles to provide their impressions to responsiveness (well, as responsive as a 55 HP motor can be, I guess).

I’m still confused what an interior without carpet will look like - is it like a hard vinyl? Carpet is something I’m interested in, but I can possibly get that locally. Most other options just don’t appeal to me on the configurator.

What I have done though is started an Amazon list of accessories to buy: spray cleaner, seat cushion, tire pressure monitoring, braking light enhancer, remote back-up camera, stereo amp, extra dynamap, etc.

Paying $78 would be well worth avoiding the hassle of getting carpet locally, cutting and molding it to fit, and all the cursing that would probably follow... :)

$85 for TPM that worked with the existing gauges would be too simple.

$300 for a rear sensor though is a little extreme though. It'd have to be VERY well integrated to make it worth that kind of money. I mean, really?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No I wasn't. Drove 9,10 ,13 and 15 speed transmissions. Shifting, backing up, and city work were my favourite things. Sitting in a cab for 12-15 hours a day was boring just steering. Hated hiway driving.
I was exact opposite. Loved the open road, dreaded the load and unload. The longer the run, the happier I was.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was exact opposite. Loved the open road, dreaded the load and unload. The longer the run, the happier I was.
The company I worked for (Sears) went across Canada, most states, and down to Mexico. They gave a choice of city/hi-way or long distance. Made most people happy. Most people preferred hi-way. When Sears Canada shut down, our fleet went to another company, but my pension remained with Sears. Not sure how much of it I will get. Lawsuit going on now.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No I wasn't.
I sure as heck don't miss it. Especially crappy automatics that start to get really bad shifting as they get older. (I've junked three cars due to failed automatic transmissions, and estimated repairs costing more than the car was worth.) With the Bolt I just put it in Drive and go.

To be fair, I did enjoy driving stick. It can be fun. If the Elio ever gets made, I would strongly consider a manual, especially if the early automatics get really crappy reviews.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be about ordering an Elio...but.
1. Consider forgetting about the ATVM
2. Consider giving over some authority to new money.
3. Consider the rest of the world, not just USA as a viable option for all issues.
4. Consider the fact that what you have pursued has not worked yet.
5. Consider the folks that have money and hopes on the Elio dream.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the changes that Elio could do would use the LED headlights that are on the E1C instead of the regular old halogen ones they say they are going to use. If not that, at least put in a bright LED dome light. I don't know about you but the older I get, the brighter I'd like it in my car at night when i get in and out. That's why I put in LED dome light bulbs. Plus they are cheap.

Another option they could offer would be heated seats.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the changes that Elio could do would use the LED headlights that are on the E1C instead of the regular old halogen ones they say they are going to use. If not that, at least put in a bright LED dome light. I don't know about you but the older I get, the brighter I'd like it in my car at night when i get in and out. That's why I put in LED dome light bulbs. Plus they are cheap.

Another option they could offer would be heated seats.

To be fair, many of the LED headlamps that have been tested by the IIHS have rated relatively poorly. I do like the colour of the light, as it really makes road signs pop. However, I think LED headlamps that would be comparable to good halogens are going to be expensive.

Maybe as an option?

Top Bottom