• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Looks like he's off.
Only about 35 answers total. This was a very poor showing on Reddit's part and a very short AMA in general. Good answers and all, and sure it blows away most of the AMAs in the /r/AMA sub, but it's not really the sub an AMA of this (undercut) magnitude should have fallen into. That could have worked out a lot better.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only about 35 answers total. This was a very poor showing on Reddit's part and a very short AMA in general. Good answers and all, and sure it blows away most of the AMAs in the /r/AMA sub, but it's not really the sub an AMA of this (undercut) magnitude should have fallen into. That could have worked out a lot better.
Time of day was also working against a large turnout, how many people can jump in during work, or on their way to vacation spots...

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SO what did we finally settle on as the actual date the P5 build started?

If it started the first week of June, then Oct 17 is the end of the 20th week.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember hearing a little while ago that when they build P6-P30 that it will begin moving to the real production line.
So with all the news we've gotten today; it looks like the plant will actually start gearing up in the near future.

This chat he did today sure did a lot to bring sunshine to what was getting to be a pretty deep dark funk we were all in just a month ago.
This was a good day! :bounce::dance:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well looks like they plan on getting through almost half of the reservations in the first 3 months:

[–]texas1982 [score hidden] 53 minutes ago (1 child)

When you expect that an Elio will be available for purchase for a guy that didn't put down a reservation? I'm excited to own one, but I am always nervous about putting down cash up front.

[–]PaulElioMotors[S] [score hidden] 18 minutes ago (0 children)

It takes us 90 days to ramp up to full production capacity, during that period we will produce 19,000 vehicles. Then we will produce 1,000 vehicles a day (and there are 250 build days a year). So, you can look at the calendar and approximate when the next non-reserved vehicle will be produced.
This agrees with what Paul Elio told me at the LA Invitation Only event, that they would product 1,000 vehicles a day by 90 days. However I thought more than 19,000 vehicles would be produced during the first 90 days. Apparently the assembly line will be shut down at times during this 90 day period to make changes, so they could achieve the final rate of 1,000 per day.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/invitation-only-event-la-area.6212/page-6#post-104879

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This agrees with what Paul Elio told me at the LA Invitation Only event, that they would product 1,000 vehicles a day by 90 days. However I thought more than 19,000 vehicles would be produced during the first 90 days. Apparently the assembly line will be shut down at times during this 90 day period to make changes, so they could achieve the final rate of 1,000 per day.

I'm sure when the line starts that there is going to be a steep learning curve at first.
New line, new product, new people that's a lot of new to get in sync. :bump2:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand someone may have made a large fake investment to watch the percentage jump up. If anyone was going to make an investment that large, they would do it under the 506(c) where they would receive personalized service. Paul Elio has sent out a notification naming the individual at Financial 1 that will personally help them.

Top Bottom