• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was rooting big time for the Packers yesterday. Bummer. LOL

I thought back to the playoffs last year, my Chiefs were up 35-10 at Indy at halftime. Game ends, Chiefs lose, 41-38. :eek:

Fast-forward to yesterday. Packers intercept the ball with a bit more than 5 minutes to go. Defensive back doesn't try to run, feeling that the Packers will win. Seriously?

GB is up 19-7 with 5 minutes to go and have the ball. Seriously?

Running plays of -4, -2, and 2 yds. Seriously. GB punts, and Seattle has the ball with 4 min left, down 12 pts.

I know, I know, here's an idea... let's have the Packers do one of those really cool 'prevent' defenses, where you keep everything in front of you, and let the other team score quickly. Sea's scoring drive: 7 plays, 69 yds, 1:43. Seriously??

I'ts 19-14, Seattle has 1 timeout, the 2 min warning, and elects to do an onside kick. Good call. Packer's player jumps to catch the ball, it goes through his hands, bounces down, Seahawks recover. Seriously.

GB's defense still has a chance to win the game. The game they knew they had already won. Oops. Sea's scoring drive: 4 plays, 50 yds, 0:44. LOL, I'm sorry... what?

Ok, Sea is up 20-19, they choose to go for 2 pts, rightly so. Wilson scrambles to the right, throws literally a hail-mary from the 10 yd line, back to the left. The GB defensive back Clinton-Dix was there, and for some reason, either didn't see the ball, mis-timed his jump, or forgot where he was. Catch, Seattle, 2 pts awarded, it's now 22-19. Oh.............. my.................. goodness.

GB has 3 timeouts, a non-mobile Rodgers, and 1:25 to get into FG range. They move 48 yds and get to the Sea 30. GB lines up for a game-tying FG... from 48 yds... clock says 0:19.... and it's wet and around 50 degrees. Kick is up, and it's.... good!

Overtime.

GB gets to call the toss. They call ... tails. By my book, Tails Never Fails. The toss is.... heads. Sea takes the ball.

It takes Sea 5 plays to go from their 13 to the GB 35. Next play, pass down the middle to Jermaine Kearse. Game over, Sea 28 GB 22. *sigh*

Congrats to the Seahawks, go kick some Patriot butt!!
The defensive back going down after the interception was odd till I realised that he isn't a runner nor a ball handler so he probably figured it was safer to go down rather than have the ball embarrassingly stripped.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just heard on the local radio tonight. Seahawk country. Jermaine Kearse, after being on the receiving end of all four interceptions yesterday, caught the game winning touchdown, and tossed the football into the stands, caught by a fan who was contacted early this morning by a memorabilia dealer and offered $20,000 for the football, declined the offer, and was contacted at 11 AM this morning by Jermaine Kearse, who talked with him for a while and offered him the football helmet he wore during the game, signed by all the Seahawk players, and the jersey he wore in the game, signed by him in exchange for the football. The radio station had a call in program, asking 'What would you do?' DUH. If you are enough of a Seahawks fan to turn down 20K for a football, you just became a friend of Jermaine Kearse and Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. No Brainer

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Just heard on the local radio tonight. Seahawk country. Jermaine Kearse, after being on the receiving end of all four interceptions yesterday, caught the game winning touchdown, and tossed the football into the stands, caught by a fan who was contacted early this morning by a memorabilia dealer and offered $20,000 for the football, declined the offer, and was contacted at 11 AM this morning by Jermaine Kearse, who talked with him for a while and offered him the football helmet he wore during the game, signed by all the Seahawk players, and the jersey he wore in the game, signed by him in exchange for the football. The radio station had a call in program, asking 'What would you do?' DUH. If you are enough of a Seahawks fan to turn down 20K for a football, you just became a friend of Jermaine Kearse and Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. No Brainer

THAT is a great story. Did the fan have any details on the scramble for the football and how he had to work to get it?

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as that does matter, this game was a complete blow out. If the patriots are responsible, there should be action taken, but the Patriots are the clear cut AFC Champs. They would have done about the same with properly inflated balls.

As the article says that actually makes it even more of a stupid thing to do. The fact is they did not need to do it to win the game yet they still cheated.

Simply dismissing what happened because the game was close also overlooks other very important questions:

How many times have they done this before and gotten away with it?
Did any other times this was done make a difference or give them an advantage in games in which the score was close?
If it did make a difference in other games would the Patriots still have been playing for the AFC championship in the first place?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As the article says that actually makes it even more of a stupid thing to do. The fact is they did not need to do it to win the game yet they still cheated.

Simply dismissing what happened because the game was close also overlooks other very important questions:

Did any other times this was done make a difference or give them an advantage in games in which the score was close?
If it did make a difference in other games would the Patriots still have been playing for the AFC championship in the first place?
The world may never know...

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Exactly, Hector. If they did it in this game, how many times have they done it when it DID matter and MAY have changed the outcome. Makes ya think...

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He said the ball fell into his hands

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read in todays local paper the Baltimore Ravens suspected the balls were underinflated and tipped off the Colts, They intercepted a ball and that's when they knew. 11 out of 12 were underinflated, the 12th one was for kicking. Supposedly the ball boy will hang.

Top Bottom