• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
earlier today I watched Bill Belichick's news conference .... bottom line, I believe him when he says he knows nothing about it

I do believe him also as this is really something he would not have a reason to mess with. Of course, for plausible deniability reasons, he would also not likely want to know if it were happening. :D

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great... another asterisk year.

AFC Champions 2015 season - New England Patriots*

* accused of deflating balls to ensure better grip for their quarterback, the New England Patriots denied all charges. Tom Brady said he noticed nothing though evidence shows that someone who throws football's for a living should be able to tell the difference easily. I can. You can. Got a football? Inflate it to 10.5psi and then 8.5psi and see if you can tell. (Hint: You can. Your wife can. Your kid can. Tom Brady can)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I watched Bill Belichick's 2nd news conference on the ball under inflation .... in his first new conference he stated he really knew very little about the pregame process for getting the balls ready for play .... since then he stated he and his organization has made a major study of it .... I'm sure there will be extensive news coverage of the points he made .... bottom line, what he said made sense to me and unless proven otherwise, I still believe him

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I watched Bill Belichick's 2nd news conference on the ball under inflation .... in his first new conference he stated he really knew very little about the pregame process for getting the balls ready for play .... since then he stated he and his organization has made a major study of it .... I'm sure there will be extensive news coverage of the points he made .... bottom line, what he said made sense to me and unless proven otherwise, I still believe him

I really have no personal opinion either way on New England so I no skin in this game however I would like to see this independently corroborated as it is in the Patriots best interest to take their time and come up with a reasonable sounding excuse whether or not it is actually what happened. :D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Still though... 11 of 12 (the kicking ball was good) were all low. Not the 12 the other team played with. Only theirs. Regardless of who did it, something is fishy here.

I haven't heard any reports of the other team's footballs being tested .... I'm still waiting to hear what the ref's have to say about what they did during the pregame check

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard any reports of the other team's footballs being tested .... I'm still waiting to hear what the ref's have to say about what they did during the pregame check
The Colts balls were tested and found to be inflated correctly. There was one other comment Belichick said "they were out on the field for hours and they probably lost pressure through natural readjustment" (aka everything leaks a little normally).
If that was the case, why did it happen to 11 of the 12, and all of the Colts balls were within spec. Football Insiders show has Bettis and an old quarterback (his name eludes me at the moment) the host had them throw and catch 3 balls, 1 inflated correctly, 1 a pound and a 1/2 over and 1 a pound and a half under. They did a simple spiral and catch and both retired players could tell the difference in the balls. The underinflated one was easier to throw, easier to catch and easiest to hang on to. I wish someone would be a man and step up on this whole thing.

Top Bottom