• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mature People Only?

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think most of us, regardless of age, see the Elio from slightly different perspectives - and that's a good thing.

The Elio's radical 3-wheel configuration is unique in a vehicle intended for mass production. That unusual design, the light weight that promises respectable, if not blazing performance, and the friendly price with low operational cost offer an undeniable appeal across a broad market.

For commuters, it's a simple, economical, yet comfortable vehicle for the daily slog. For students, it's a low-cost, yet sporty machine that oozes environmental responsibility. For seniors, it offers not only a reliable errand-runner, but also the possibility of touring on a fixed-income budget.

Whatever your age or time of life, an Elio is going to revolutionize your lifestyle by changing the way you think about your personal transport.:)

Stiffler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey just thought I'd chime in. I'm 23 and am more interested in the Elio than anyone in an upper age group that I've spoken with. For instance, I showed my 51 year old father the car and he just poked fun at me and my 45 year old uncle said 'I'm too old to be getting in and out of small cars!' Yet, my fellow young whipper-snappers are pretty excited about the car (mostly because of cost and gas mileage, which is what brought us all here in the first place. I think I'm the only one that has had the time for the look of the Elio to grow on me). I am part of the category mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't have 2 nickles to rub together on most days. But long term I think it'll be the best investment I've made thus far. I'm all about saving money and who knows, maybe one day my friends will get theirs and there will be a fleet of Elios running through the streets of Nashville. Point being, I think it's a matter of environment whether or not your Elio crowd will be older or younger. Here, my country family just isn't ready.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey just thought I'd chime in. I'm 23 and am more interested in the Elio than anyone in an upper age group that I've spoken with. For instance, I showed my 51 year old father the car and he just poked fun at me and my 45 year old uncle said 'I'm too old to be getting in and out of small cars!' Yet, my fellow young whipper-snappers are pretty excited about the car (mostly because of cost and gas mileage, which is what brought us all here in the first place. I think I'm the only one that has had the time for the look of the Elio to grow on me). I am part of the category mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't have 2 nickles to rub together on most days. But long term I think it'll be the best investment I've made thus far. I'm all about saving money and who knows, maybe one day my friends will get theirs and there will be a fleet of Elios running through the streets of Nashville. Point being, I think it's a matter of environment whether or not your Elio crowd will be older or younger. Here, my country family just isn't ready.

Funny you say that!

I live in the boonies of Georgia, and my 22 year old son has NO interest, but his 54 year old father, (ME) can't wait to get his grubby little fists on one!!!

The jury is still out on my 19 year old daughter, but she has smiled, somewhat favorably, at her dear old dad's attempts to influence her on the Elio..... :D

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny you say that!

I live in the boonies of Georgia, and my 22 year old son has NO interest, but his 54 year old father, (ME) can't wait to get his grubby little fists on one!!!

The jury is still out on my 19 year old daughter, but she has smiled, somewhat favorably, at her dear old dad's attempts to influence her on the Elio..... :D

Where in Georgia? I live a little north of Athens.
Dusty

ArthurKent

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I will predict that the biggest rush to buy amongst the younger crowd will occur when
Elio Motors releases a turbocharged version. It will be the fastest car, per dollar, on the planet.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bought a Scion Xb as soon as Toyota offered them for sale. I was 60 when I bought it. Toyota totally aimed the car at the young, hip crowd. I have yet to see a young person driving one, mostly gray-hairs like me.
I do have another question for all of you, though. How many of you are female? Why does the Elio appeal to mostly men? Old men....

KC_Cacti

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most 20 some things don't have any money.
I would tend to agree but I still dont know why their is a lack of interest in my group. I am 28 and will be buying ours with cash!! No financing!! We are also $1000 all in! My wife and I have made bad decisions with credit in the past but made the decision to make drastic changes and we are well on the way to being debt free and I think that is one of the biggest problems, so many in my age group are sattled with so much debt, also alot probably still have reservations that this will happen and probably wont jump on the bandwagon until this thing is in production.

Top Bottom