• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mature People Only?

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Baby Boomers know how to appreciate a good thing (we grew up with no cell phones or computers, we grew up when summertime entertainment was watching Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese on Saturdays and drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon). Baby Boomers are or have inherited trillions of dollars in the last several years and have discretionary spending power. Think we know how to appreciate a good value when we see one.

Having said all that I think when the Elio is in production and you can see and test drive the Elio, the younger generation will be won over by the sex appeal and practicality of the Elio. Think this product will catch on big with all age groups.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bought a Scion Xb as soon as Toyota offered them for sale. I was 60 when I bought it. Toyota totally aimed the car at the young, hip crowd. I have yet to see a young person driving one, mostly gray-hairs like me.
I do have another question for all of you, though. How many of you are female? Why does the Elio appeal to mostly men? Old men....
I have to admit those are some very interesting questions I have wondered about myself. We do have more women on this forum but almost all of them are inactive. For myself, I saw, I loved and I reserved. And in fact the decision to buy an Elio has completely changed my life in many ways. One is I spend way too much time here! :p In my case I not only saw a vehicle that looked fun to drive and wanted it, I saw a chance to get a new car. My Toyota Camry is a 1999 and has over 218,500 miles on it. It is a good car but it is not fun to drive. It never occurred to me that I could afford a new car before being introduced to the Elio by my older son who wants one but has not reserved one. I have never participated in any kind of forum in my life and most definitely not anything to do with cars. I am having fun and learning a lot. Not only that but I am handling what little income I do have better simply because I made the decision to reserve and buy an Elio. If anyone had told me a year ago this would happen I would have assured them they were out of their ever loving minds. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When talking to the younger people around here the first response I get most of the time is
But without power steering it will be too hard to drive.....LOL.....

It is true that we (Baby Boomers) have spoiled our children and grandchildren , trying to give them the things we didn't have. Hopefully we taught them how to recognize a good value when they see one. The economics of our Country today should go a long way to bringing them back to reality.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bought a Scion Xb as soon as Toyota offered them for sale. I was 60 when I bought it. Toyota totally aimed the car at the young, hip crowd. I have yet to see a young person driving one, mostly gray-hairs like me.
I do have another question for all of you, though. How many of you are female? Why does the Elio appeal to mostly men? Old men....
old bike riders- was 50yrs on bikes, and when i got rear-ended at a light-figured that was it- got the mr2, but saw the elio as a 3 wheel better option, and retired in s florida th a.c. sealed the deal !!!!!

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When talking to the younger people around here the first response I get most of the time is
But without power steering it will be too hard to drive.....LOL.....
And to think that I first learned to drive on an old tractor while still single digit age, then soloed on our old 1959 Plymouth Station wagon with 3-speed manual transmission on the column when I was 12 years old. No power steering on either. Oh, and driving the tractor was not just joy riding around the farm, it was driving straight lines while plowing, etc. I had to prove myself worthy before my dad would allow me to drive the tractor without him sitting behind me ready to take over if I failed to keep the rows straight.

Like someone else stated above, I think we have spoiled our children while trying to protect them. We have made life too easy for them.

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This brings to mind that "Universities" could also be in the market for some some miserly "fleet vehicles." I had heard that "UT" has over 1,500 vehicles in their fleet. I know, they need the "multi passenger vans" but, I imagine there are some staff members who are always driving alone.

And Yes! School color wraps would be great advertising! How about our resident graphic artist doing some "virtual wraps?''

UT Knoxville has been made aware of the vehicle. My brother works over there. They have him driving around in an electric golf cart.
I expect to see a fleet purchase or purchases happen once the vehicle is in production.

Top Bottom